icon

viper alarm problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pearlfullsize 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

Ive searched the site for help to my problem but came up empty handed.  I recently bought a truck with the viper alarm 500. and thats just 500 not the esp or even the + ( which is an entirely diff. alarm). Its got the dip switches on the module. Somehow the autoarm is on and i wanna turn it off also my lights dont flash( they did when i first got the truck) tried vipers website nothing. I know the alarms outdated but it serves my purposes. any help would be greatly appreciated

Brandon
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure it is not the 500HF? If you changed the jumpers around when trying to work with it the parking light polarity is controlled in there. Take a look at the installation manual for the 550HF and see if it helps.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

I also do not list a viper model 500 in the archives..either it is really old..or a different model..none of the 500 series (500+, 500esp, 500hf etc.) list dip switches.

The good news is you can simply experiment...change the settings one at a time (usually the first dipswitch is for passive/manual arming)..close the door and watch for the LED to flash fast...when it does..you got it.

As far as the lights not flashing a system that old will not have a setting for that..simply check the fuse on the light output wire of the alarm (usually white)...check the connection if the fuse is good..should be cake. I have seen the light outputs burn out as well so you can test the output with a DMM ..should pulse 12v+ when you arm/disarm, if not you can rig a relay off the siren output as a band aid.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic