icon

1986 Ford Tempo Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
king244 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I did it. Installed a crimestopper 2011 combo into my 2001 dodge ram. It took me about 9 hours, including several trips to auto stores for parts I did not have on hand, relays, unibit, loom, etc...since it has been awhile since my installation days...I must say it felt good to be back inside the dash. Everything came out great, looks great and performs great, no problems. I have to say the crimestopper system is really good and has a good range. Also, thanks to anyone that answered any questions I posted here, that helped out also....

My next question is , I will now be installing just a remote starter into a 1986 Tempo. I have a diagram  but as I didnt get it from this site I am not sure how accurate it is. The question is, on the diagram it shows that car has 2 accessory wires for heater/blower....I know the crimestopper has 1 accessory wire, so which one on the Tempo do i connect it to....?

Anyone?

Thanks......

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Both.  Grey / YELLOW and BLACK/ green according to my info.  You will need a relay.  Do not hook the 2 together.

king244 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmmmmm, how do I connect then?

How would  I wire the relay?

And why does it have 2 acc. wires?

Thanks Player

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

Lots of cars have 2 accy wires.  It just depends on what needs to be powered up for the car to run properly. 

85 to a output on the remote starter that is - out when it is running on the remote start

86 to the 1st accy wire
30 to +12v fused
87 to 2nd accy wire.

Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

The Ford Tempo has two ACC wires Gray \ Yellow and Black \ Green use both, the  Black \ Green powers  your  AC compressor. The easy way to wire is this way. You alarm\remote starter probablly has 2 Ignition wires. The  Tempo only has one ignition so use the second ignition wire to power the Black \ Green. This wire is not require for remote start, but if you plan to use your AC in the summer better hook it up. Most remote starters have to Ignition wires. Or if it doesn't have two ignition wires just wire a realay as Player69 says in his reply. Good luck and test all wires.

Luis

Sound Waves

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hook it up even if you don't plan to use a/c in the summer.  Your a/c compressor still runs in the winter when you have defrost on.

king244 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info guys....much appreciated
Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
No problem.  Let us know how you make out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic