icon

96 camry door lock/unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fourhuskers 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having trouble getting the driver's door to lock/unlock with an audiovox AA-925 system. Everything works fine but the driver's door won't lock or unlock.  Other doors work fine, lights flash, etc.  Before the system was installed the locks made a clicking sound when the door was closed.  Maybe a problem before the system was installed?
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you may have to re-program to tell the r/s brain how many pulses should be sent to the unlock wire when you hit the unlock button the keyfob .. I think the default is a single lock and unlock pulse (-) on that Audiovox unit -- a double pulse will unlock all doors on the Camry I believe (someone please correct if I'm wrong) and a single unlock pulse will just open the driver's door.

Perhaps there is a problem with the wire that's going to the driver's door --

1) Does the lock/unlock door switch (OEM) work?  When you hit lock and unlock -- does it do the appropriate thing?

2) Does the passenger lock/unlock door button work appropriately?

3) Do you have the OEM Toyota keyfob -- do these work appropriately

The search function is your friend.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know if this is the problem, but you need to double pulse the blue child safty lock wire... (-)
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
fourhuskers 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
peterubers wrote:

Sounds like you may have to re-program to tell the r/s brain how many pulses should be sent to the unlock wire when you hit the unlock button the keyfob .. I think the default is a single lock and unlock pulse (-) on that Audiovox unit -- a double pulse will unlock all doors on the Camry I believe (someone please correct if I'm wrong) and a single unlock pulse will just open the driver's door.

Perhaps there is a problem with the wire that's going to the driver's door --

1) Does the lock/unlock door switch (OEM) work?  When you hit lock and unlock -- does it do the appropriate thing?

2) Does the passenger lock/unlock door button work appropriately?

3) Do you have the OEM Toyota keyfob -- do these work appropriately

1. The drivers door lock doesn't lock/unlock the drivers door but it will lock/unlock the other doors.

2. Passenger lock/unlock works fine.

3.  Don't have the Toyota keyfob.

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

In this case, sounds like your driver's door wiring is questionable...

I would take the door liner off, follow the door lock/unlock wiring from the door to the interior of the car and use a VMM to test the circuit -- sounds like a lot of work, and .. yes, it is.  Best of luck

The search function is your friend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic