icon

Connecting Two Battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AshenRane 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2003 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
No i was runing the wires through the car and i shorted them both and i dont know how to run those wires to whatever they go to
Drewbie
AshenRane 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Or yes i am running them from a amp is what i mean
Drewbie
wrencher_25 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2003 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

So you shorted BOTH wires? Yikes....well I need some details here.

1) Explain exactly what happened to you're positive 12V wire and your ground wire...did you short circuit the positive directly to ground? And did you short the ground to positive? Are both of the wires melted and ruined? These are important aspects.

Running wires to an amp isn't very difficult...there are just a few things that you have to remember...

-Positive wires runs from the positive from the battery...it should be fused as close to the battery as possible to help prevent fire if there is a short. You run it from the + on the battery through the firewall of a car (where the gas/brake pedals attach...u just have to find a hole or make one yourself BUT CHECK WHERE YOU DRILL IF YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE ONE). And once it's through the firewall you just run it up the kick pillars on either the passenger or driver side of the car.
-Just a quick note....your RCA cables should be running on the opposite side of your car as your positive wire. (eg positve running on driver side kick pillar and RCA's running along passenger side kick pillar). If you don't...you can get system noise running into your amp and your speakers will pick it up.
-Negative wires are usually really close to the amplifier...you are going to want to use the same gauge wire for your negative as you did your positive.<<THIS IS IMPORTANT. Just find a ground, make sure that it is sanded free of any paint and attach it with a ring terminal.
-Remote Wire is just a wire from the deck that runs to your amp...usually popular to run it on the same side as the positive seeing that it does carry a little bit of voltage, but it is usually neglectable and whatever is easier.

Those are the basics.....any more info just let me know......

Andrew Weitzel
MECP First Class Installer
AshenRane 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2003 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Aight dude i figured it out it was just a blown fuse in the egine bay where the 12 volt was spliced but thanx alot fr your help i will need some  help in the near future an i will post
Drewbie
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic