icon

prestige aps786 keyless remain on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
urbanmindz 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
I know this might be a dumb question but in the manual for my car alarm there is no information (that i can find) on how to leave the car on without the key once i have already started the car with the key.. for example.. lets say i make a quick stop somewhere but i dont want to turn off the car to then turn in back on, but i also would not want to leave my key in the car so that it wouldnt get stolen...
when i had my alarm installed i know the installer did it and told me how to do it but i no longer live in the state where i got it installed and for the life of me i dont remember the buttons he pressed on the transmitter...
If anyone can please provide me with that info it would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
It's the exact same procedure as activating the remote starter.
With the engine running:
-Car in park, and remove your foot from the brake.
-Press the green "car key" button on the transmitter twice.
-You've got to wait a moment for the parking lights to come on........look for either the dashboard illumination lights, or for the radio display to go dim.
-Remove key, car should stay running. Don't bump into the brake pedal on your way out.
NOTE: Audiovox/Prestige remote starters can be installed one of two ways: tachometer sensing, or voltage sensing. If the installer chose voltage sensing, this feature does NOT work at all.
urbanmindz 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot... Ill give it a try and hopefully it will work.. ill let you know...
concepts99 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
It's the exact same procedure as activating the remote starter.
With the engine running:
-Car in park, and remove your foot from the brake.
-Press the green "car key" button on the transmitter twice.
-You've got to wait a moment for the parking lights to come on........look for either the dashboard illumination lights, or for the radio display to go dim.
-Remove key, car should stay running. Don't bump into the brake pedal on your way out.
NOTE: Audiovox/Prestige remote starters can be installed one of two ways: tachometer sensing, or voltage sensing. If the installer chose voltage sensing, this feature does NOT work at all.

Why wouldnt the takeover work with voltage, it will work. All it does is swtich on the ign and accessory circuits, its not even starting the car. No need to sense to crank.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic