icon

2003 saturn vue, prestige aps620

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mbaudio06 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Im using Directed Document 1048 as a reference and i have a simple question.

I have a bosch relay and wiring for pins are as follows:

87 Black Ground Reference wire wih inline proper resistor value.

85 Blue Status Wire from RS

87a Key Side Yellow Resistance Wire

30 BCM side Yellow Resistance Wire

86 Here lies the question on the diagram it just shows a purple wire from the ignition.  Now it says to cut the purple wire. Do i just connect one side of the purple wire? IF so where do i connect the other side? Or do i just hook both up to pin 86. Thanks in advance./

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Pins 86 and 85 turn the relay on. The purple wire shown in that diagram is an ignition wire.
Setup like it is shown in that diagram, 2 things need to be on for the relay to activate (and connect pins 30 and 87)...
1. Ignition must be on
2. Status wire must be on providing ground to activate the relay
That diagram does not explain it in good detail. You need to cut the starter wire to prevent throwing the passlock II system into long tamper mode while measuring the resistance. You have to restore the starter wire after you have measured the proper resistance.
It has been my experience however that some passlock II systems' R value can change over time. I would suggest picking up a DEI 556L or PLXR from bypasskit. This way if the resistance does change in the future all you have to do is relearn the module, not change out resistors.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Im using the Presitge APS620 and on this unit it has two red power wires and the DEIs website calls out only one power and its an orange wire.  Now where do i connect the other power wire? I have another orange wire in there but not sure if it is a constant.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
Just connect it to the same power wire, or if you have another +12v wire in the harness connect it to that...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i got another question Where is the coil pack?

Heres a quick pic the only one i can find a pic is on ebay.

[IMG]https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/jclaymore/engine2.jpg[/IMG]

The engine has the flat top and i cant find a fuel injector or a coil pacl anywhere. Where do i look?

Alternatives to the coil pack?2003 saturn vue, prestige aps620 -- posted image.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
1. Instead of cutting the car's ignition wire in half, you can simply place the transmission in Reverse, with the parking brake on..........this will keep the Passlock system from tripping up, without having to cut up the car.
2. At the Vue's ignition switch, you'll find 3 orange wires----one accessory, and two constants. You can put each of the APS-620's two constant wires to the Saturn's two constant wires.
3. I have done a LOT of Vues, but I don't recognize that motor.....is it the 4 or 6 cylinder? You can use the fuel injectors, as well as the coil. Also, that car should work ok using voltage sense; I've done a lot of them that way.
4. You didn't ask this one, but another user here has verified that the LED for the APS-620 is ONLY for programming purposes, and does not flash as an anti-theft warning as stated in the instructions.
You might want to just install (or even just zip-tie) it under the dash for when you have to re-program things, rather than put a hole in the dashboard.
mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
That is a 2003 V6 Motor. I cant find a spark plug wire or fuel injector anywhere. Is it like under the motor?
mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

anybody?

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Blue and white at the PCM black connector left side of engine In the harness that goes to the PCM next to the brake boooster
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
mbaudio06 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
THANKS! ill try that and let you know how it goes....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic