compustar 900fm issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xbot 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
Car - 1990 Cavalier Z24
Well i got around to installing my alarm but it seems to be acting up. When i first tried it, the alarm went on and off fine. The third time i tried it, it wouldnt unarm for some reason, so i unplugged the unit and plugged it back in to stop the siren. I then tried to reprogram the remote but it went into valet mode and wont get back out. I pressed the I and III buttons like it says to get out of valet mode but it doesnt do anything. I figured i'd try to start it and it started but 1 second after the starter tries cranking again, keep in mind i didnt use remote start i just used the key. Is it because it was stuck in arm before?
Also, my locks dont seem to work.. i connected the blue wire to the light blue wire in my locks, and the blue/black wire to black in my locks. Is there something i'm missing?
xbot 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to add, my trunk popper doesnt work either, is there something extra needed for that also? I just connected the trunk release wire from the alarm to the wire in the glove box for the popper.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you don't know what you're doing. I'd suggest taking it to a professional.  These things don't work right out of the box for every vehicle.  You need to learn how to build positive triggers for trunk and reverse polarity locks, as far as the thing cranking, you most likely have something else hooked up wrong.
xbot 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
I guess the problem was the trunk release had power coming out of both wires, so it was basically telling it to open the tunk constantly but it didnt have enough power to actually open it. Once we took out the trunk release, everything else worked fine. The locks needed relays which we hooked up and now works.
The problem we're having now is getting the trunk release to work and remote start working. For some reason, there is no power coming out of the trunk release wire when we try to open the trunk by remote. I even took off the connector and put a test light directly on the pin, and still nothing. For remote start, double checked wiring and it doesnt look like there's a problem.. but when i try to start it turns on/off like 5-6 times but doesnt try cranking. I think i read something about a bad connection to alternator sensing? (automatic car) Also, is there a wiring diagram for trunk release(i looked but couldnt find anything for compustar) or is it pretty much the same as the door locks?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic