icon

2003 silverado 12+ when doors closed?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtnmanseth 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a helluva time trying to figure out how to make my amp stay on after I shutoff my truck and before I open the door. In my truck, the stock deck stays on until I open the door. Well, currently my amp shuts off as soon as I turn the key to off and I'm trying to figure out how to make it stay on until I open the door like my deck does. I understand my truck uses a computer to turn on/off my deck and other peripherals and the 12+ volt power wire into the back of the deck is always hot.   Is there such a circuit in my truck that provides 12+ volts when the key is on AND off before I open the truck door? Other people on other forums didn't know... I hope you guys can help... I need this! 2003 silverado 12+ when doors closed? - Last Post -- posted image.
Thanks,
Seth
awilliams64 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
are you still using the stock head unit? If not just hook your remote from your amp to the remote wire of your radio and it will stay powered until the head unit shuts off.
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
get a different accessory wire for your remote....you're probably using ignition and that's why it's turning off the second you switch the key off. Test for a wire that shows current until you open the door, there should be one at the ignition harness, and ther should be one going into the drivers door for power windows and it can be found in the kick panel.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic