icon

2003 yukon with bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imokureok4 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
i would like 2 change the cd palyer in my 2003 yukon but leave all the factory bose speakers intact i dont have on-star and i dont really mind if i lose the door chime. can i just buy a regular gm harness and tap into the rem turn on on the bose amp or do i need one of the special adapters they make 2 put an aftermarket radio in and still retain the bose??
warpedimage3 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Use the right harness and keep your door chime. This will also give you   your accessory wire because there is no accessory in the harness.
Scosche DCGM09
NOTE: If using the DCGM09 with a Bose Audio system, connect the RCA from your new radio to the RCA ends of the DCGM09. If using the DCGM09 with a non-Bose audio system, simply cut off the DCGM09's RCA connectors and splice the speaker wires from your new radio to the newly-created speaker wires of the DCGM09. Bose amplifiers require a low-level input for proper signal balance between a high power aftermarket radio and the low-level input of a Bose amplifier. Using the RCA inputs from your radio with a non-Bose audio system will result in poor and very quiet sound quality.
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

some bose amps dont have a turn on but if there is it will be pink.  you can buy the regular harness and just solder male RCA ends to the speaker leads of the harness and plug them into the preamp (RCA) outputs of the new radio.  i have done this many times and it works just as well as the expensive harness, saving about $50 - $60.  there is no accessory wire in the factory harness so you will have to run a new one from the ignition harness or fuse panel (preferably the ignition harness).

"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
imokureok4 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
well what if i want to add a subwoofer but the new aftermarket deck only has front and rear outputs if i buy the scosche harness and plug in the rcas how will i make that work?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic