the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

entire test cd link

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
All I was looking for was a single 50Hz .wav file to download. I was in need of it to test a woofer that sounds like the voice coil is rubbing... As is so often the case, I found far more than I was searching for. Here is a link to an entire downloadable 80 track CD, with more than just simple test tones. Another nice feature? I can download the real, 16 bit .WAV versions, and not just a crappy .MP3 version, which everybody seems to think is good enough for critical system testing and it isn't. FLAC is there for you, too! Enjoy all!
Below is the Index. Copy and paste it into a TEXT file! I already did all the work for you!
1kHz Test Tones (Line up Tones)
Track     Description
1     -30 dB
2     -30 dB Left Only
3     -30 dB Right only
4      0 dB
5     -10 dB
6     -20 dB
7     -30 dB
8     -40 dB
9     -50 dB
10     -60 dB
11     -70 dB
12     -90 dB
13     -90 dB
1 kHz Low Level Test Tones
5 seconds dithered followed by 5 seconds undithered
Track     Description
14     -120 dB
15     -110 dB
16     -100 dB
17      -90 dB
18      -80 dB
19      -70 dB
20      -60 dB
Sweep Tones -30 dB
Track     Description
21     0 - 200 Hz
22      0 - 2 kHz
23     0 - 20 kHz
Single Frequency Tones -30 dB
Track     Description
24      10 Hz
25      20 Hz
26      30 Hz
27      40 Hz
28      50 Hz
29      60 Hz
30      70 Hz
31      80 Hz
32      90 Hz
33     100 Hz
34     200 Hz
35     300 Hz
36     400 Hz
37     500 Hz
38     600 Hz
39     700 Hz
40     800 Hz
41     900 Hz
42      1 kHz
43      2 kHz
44      3 kHz
45      4 kHz
46      5 kHz
47      6 kHz
48      7 kHz
49      8 kHz
50      9 kHz
51     10 kHz
52     11 kHz
53     12 kHz
54     13 kHz
55     14 kHz
56     15 kHz
57     16 kHz
58     17 kHz
59     18 kHz
60     19 kHz
61     20 kHz
1 kHz Test Tones (for DAC linearity check)
Track     Description
62     -10 dB
63      -9 dB
64      -8 dB
65      -7 dB
66      -6 dB
67      -5 dB
68      -4 dB
69      -3 dB
70      -2 dB
71      -1 dB
72      0 dB
Miscellaneous
Track     Description
73     Silence
74     IM Test 19/20 kHz @ -6 dB
75     White Noise -6 dB
76     White Noise -3 dB
77     White Noise 0 dB
78     -20 dB; 1 KHz L/R in anti-phase
79     0 dB; 1 KHz L/R in anti-phase
80     -10 dB 1 kHz Pulse Test
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
doesnt work for me???? downloaded the wav ones but after i unzipped it it wont play, says to pick which program to open it with, anyone know whats going on with this? thanks
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Turns out they are .wv files... I don't know what that is, but EZ-CDDA Extractor does. Easily converted them all to real .WAV files for burning.
I didn't try to burn the .WV files directly, but you might try that, Nero may be able to convert them on the fly. I'll try it on a CD-RW, and get back to you on that.
::::EDIT::::
No love from Nero. Says "It may be possible to burn, if a dedicated plug-in is installed" I'll try to get more info for you.
::::EDIT2::::
Try this link. I was searching around for a converter, and this looked about the best... Looks pretty easy to use.
::::EDIT3::::
BINGO! Follow this link, download the Nero plugin (it's a ZIP file) unzip it, and copy the .dll file into this directory:
C:\Program Files\Common\Ahead\AudioPlugins
Launch Nero, start an Audio CD compilation, and drag the files into place... It'll convert on the fly, for direct burning.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
haemphyst 
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Did either of those solutions work for you, Jonathan?
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  
nope, i didnt have that directory. when i made on it did the same thing for me and asked to open it with a certain program. are you using windows media player to open along with that nero program?
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Good looking out Haem. The nero plugin worked!
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
haemphyst 
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
Flakman wrote:
Good looking out Haem. The nero plugin worked!
That's what I do, man! Glad I could help!
jonathancullen wrote:
nope, i didnt have that directory. when i made on it did the same thing for me and asked to open it with a certain program. are you using windows media player to open along with that nero program?
Windows Media won't play that file format. .WV is a complessed, lossless format, similar to .FLAC, and it will require a plug-in, in whatever program you try to play it. If you are using Nero, (version 6.0.x.x or later) that directory HAS to exist. I'd look for it again. Copy this line, and then click your start button, click run, paste the line into the RUN dialog box, and hit ENTER. It'll open right up! Here's the line:
C:\Progra~1\Common~1\Ahead\AudioP~1
The file I told you to download is in a .ZIP format, and will unzip with WinZip, WinRAR, or, even XP has an unzipping software to extract those files. Extract the two files in the .ZIP to that directory, and then start Nero. It'll work...
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

My mantra is to use only free (or freely obtained ;) software, so Nero is out for me.  I found foobar so far but haven't worked out a solution to recording a CD yet.  I normally use Roxio Easy CD creator that came wrapped with my Dell XP package, and it's the only program I have successfully burned disks with.

But I've got some stuff downloaded so I'll work it out at some point.  Thanks for the program link, haemphyst.  This package does no good for setting gains though, does it?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
would the fact of having a pentium 2 do anything to affect this lol, cuz i have looked and relooked, tried everything and still nothing. i could buy a new computer but im 17 and my car and system is more important to me. plus i get  a new computer for college anyway so i might as well wait.
haemphyst 
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
My guess is you are using an older version of Nero, if you are using Nero at all... Either that, or you are NOT using 2K or XP... Perhaps a Win98 user still exists!?! entire test cd link -- posted image.
Jonathan, you pay the freight, and I'll GIVE you a mobo... It's not great, but it's got a Celeron (P-3 Generation) 1.7GHz processor installed, with 256MB of RAM, and a (I think) 128MB AGP video card. I'll be able to tell you tomorrow what the card is, I think it's an old Vanta card... Certainly better than a P-II!! (With probably a PCI video card... How's my guessing?) LOL I'll even send you a tech link on the Intel site, and I have the driver CD (a copy, to be sure). Let me know! It'll require re-installing your OS, but it shouldn't be really difficult. Actually if you are running XP or 2K, I'll give you the work-around for upgrading to a different mobo. It can be done without re-installing...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic