icon

rsx 3.5 without remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasonoleary 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Will be putting this into my 5 speed 1995 Acura Integra GSR. Got it because of the 2 way range, and I won't be using the remote start feature.
If I understand correctly, I only need to connect the starter input and starter output on the relay satellite for starter kill and ignition detection...right?
Thanks for the help!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering.....why use a remote start for JUST a security system? You cannot use this unit on a 5 speed....so I would get a stand alone alarm. Maybe sell this unit to a friend and purchase an alarm.
jasonoleary 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Got it new in box from a friend in exchange for a set of HIDs. My automatic Civic got stolen 2 weeks ago, so no use for it there. I realize that DEI's remote start is not for a 5 speed, and I would NEVER install it on one. My car/house/financial well-being is too valuable to me to risk it.
I like the 2 way pager, and that is why I'd like to pop it in this car. Not to mention, I got the system for virtually nothing.
I am not asking how to wire the system to remote start my 5 speed. I need to know how I can work around the remote start so that the security end of it works properly.
KarTuneMan wrote:
Just wondering.....why use a remote start for JUST a security system? You cannot use this unit on a 5 speed....so I would get a stand alone alarm. Maybe sell this unit to a friend and purchase an alarm.
Can you recommend a nice DEI 2 way security system? I need to purchase one to put in my 2000 Integra 5 speed.
Not trying to be an ass or anything, I just figure I may as well use the RSX 3.5 since I have it.
Thanks!
Jason
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
You need to connect the (pink) ignition wire from the relay pack for ignition detection. If you also connect the green and violet wires that will give you your starter kill. If you don't ground the BLACK/ white NSS input there will be no chance of accidentally activating the remote start.
jasonoleary 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2007 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks kaezoo. Since I am not supplying any power to the 3 fused inputs, wouldn't that still render the remote start useless? I've already de-pinned the NSS from the remote start harness.
So if I've understood correctly, I am only going to use:
PURPLE (Starter side)
GREEN (Key side)
PINK (Output to ignition circuit)
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
i think you will have to hook up some of the 12 V's... BUT remove the BLACK/ white NSS wire from the 5 pin plug and that baby wil NEVER attempt to remote start....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jasonoleary 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:
i think you will have to hook up some of the 12 V's...
Which ones? I am not trying to power either ignition circuit, or the accessory circuit.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
To simplify things I would suggest not installing the huge relay pack that comes with the system if you are not going to use the remote start feature. To still have starter kill, wire a relay as follows:
87a - one side of cut starter wire
30 - other side of cut starter wire
85 - ORANGE / black ground when armed wire in 7 pin connector
86 - yellow ignition input of 7 pin connector
86 will need to go from the alarm brain...to the relay...then to the ignition wire in the car.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic