icon

unknown alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madferraristi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

Some years ago I bought this alarm but never quite got it installed. I now have a use for it but unfortunately the instruction manual has found an unknown place to live. There is no name or model number on it and apparently never was.

I believe it is an Anes or a Clifford but cannot find anything that resembles it on either of their websites.
Can anybody tell by looking at these pics what it is?

unknown alarm -- posted image.

unknown alarm -- posted image.

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
pictures no worky.
The search function is your friend.
madferraristi 
Member spacespace
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
ive never seen an car alarm that had dials on it liek that. unless its soem sort of home made :P iteam
madferraristi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

Not home made, as I recall it was expensive when I bought it.

One dial adjusts the alarm delay and the other adjusts the horn run time

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds to me like its a timer (a few capacitors and resisters)
not an alarm unit (every alarm i worked with has atleast an antenna and more wires than that)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
madferraristi 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

Trust me, it's an automotive alarm, albeit, not as technologically advanced as those made today but it has a microphone trigger and an input from the interior light circuit and another to connect to any other form of trigger such as a motion detector.

The adjustment are for arming delay upon exit and re-entry and the other for alarm duration.

I'd just like to know who the manufacturer was.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
See if you can open it up to reveal the circuit board
most company print their name and the model number on them
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Do you really need a manual?  I looks like about 3 wires...12v red..ground black...ignition..that terminal on the side perhaps or to a "secret" disarm...a speaker or siren output..and a mic.

It probably works as such..you turn off key..it arms in a set length of time...you open door..the mic pics this up (or whatever it senses)..perhaps voltage as well..real reliable...lol)  then if the ignition is not turned on in a length of time..it makes noise.

That thing has got to be old..like the first alarm ever made..and it looks home made as well..like a science project...but those knobs are classic..perhaps off an old gibson guitar..lol..those might be worth something...I hope I helped because I am willing to bet that there is no manual in exsistance for that piece..the paper would be disintegrated by now..lol...oh man that is funny...hope you find use for it...

best of luck

madferraristi 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:

Do you really need a manual?  I looks like about 3 wires...12v red..ground black...ignition..that terminal on the side perhaps or to a "secret" disarm...a speaker or siren output..and a mic.

It probably works as such..you turn off key..it arms in a set length of time...you open door..the mic pics this up (or whatever it senses)..perhaps voltage as well..real reliable...lol)  then if the ignition is not turned on in a length of time..it makes noise.

That thing has got to be old..like the first alarm ever made..and it looks home made as well..like a science project...but those knobs are classic..perhaps off an old gibson guitar..lol..those might be worth something...I hope I helped because I am willing to bet that there is no manual in exsistance for that piece..the paper would be disintegrated by now..lol...oh man that is funny...hope you find use for it...

best of luck

I won't argue that it's old but I have a use for it.

Thinking about it though, while it is crude, it would probably be almost as effective as the more sophisticated alarms.  Most car thefts are of cars with alarms, and if the alarm system doesn;t disable the electrical system, 90% of alarms that sound are ignored, sometimes even by the police.

So, if you don't know the answer to my question, then i'll hope somebody comes along that does.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic