icon

focals, polyglass or access?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gms81 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
I see how much a lot of you rave about these speakers so I will give them a shot since my bostons suck so bad. I see the access' going pretty cheap, are the polyglass that much better?? Also what is so bad about 6x9's?
gms81 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Also wanted to know how these would stack up agains the boston pro's.
fastev 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
I've been extremely satisfied with my 165A components. They sound great, they are very reasonably priced. I don't think you will be disappointed in the least...
gms81 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh, more choices. I have been looking over at woofersetc and they have some great deals on cdt audio as well. HELP! Some of these cdt's are on sale for $99..for components at that.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
Can't say that I would put a $99CDT in the same league as a Polyglass, that is for sure. Boston are a good speaker, have you gone through the install thoroughly to ensure they are operating properly for you? It would be a shame to move out of one good set of speaker, into another set and have the same results due to something in the install. What is it that you are not happy with? Lay it out for us, system and vehicle.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
gms81 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
I have a kenwood excelon (kdc-x889) hu, boston 6x9's in the front doors, boston 5 1/4's in the rear, kenwood excelon amp (x522)500x1@ 4ohms pushing a boston acoustics 10" G5 SVC sub. I had the same HU in my old truck with some boston rally's (6.5" rx67 I think) with some kenwood 4x6's in the rear pillars. Those 6.5" bostons sounded fantastic in that truck with the headunit set up much the way it is now. The only thing I did other than just stick the speakers in was to turn the radio on and put a DMM On the wires to check polarity. I bought the low grade bostons this time and regret it.
gms81 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention that this is in a 2006 Dodge Ram Quad cab.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic