icon

remote released gas cannister

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah those "pain field generators" are great.At our local sheriffs office we had little mustards picking the lock on their "playpen".It was mandated for their "rights". I installed 2 of those piezo sirens on a magnetic switched on that door.In that cement block interior halls the noise would cripple you to your knees.In fact for the dispatcher to disarm it they had to wear hearing protection and it still hurt.One guy told me that was illegal,I told him not to touch that door and he would not have to hear it.
BigDog
dr.death 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
RussLund,
Did you just wire the piezo sirens directly to the door, or did you make an ocillator circuit and then rigged to the switch on the door?
I think an ocillator might work better, because you can tuneit to a frequency that makes the most unpleasant sound.
Any suggestions?
Dr. Death
Dr. Death says: Die you car thief, scum!
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  

If you are going to install piezos (aka "pain generators") in your jeep I would highly reccomend tying them into a remote control security system. This way you will not have to wear hearing protection to enter the vehicle...or risk bleeding your eardrums everytime.

When I do the piezos I find when they go off along with the siren...and horn honk as well..it is super annoying and confusing for the would be crackhead and a very persuasive deterrent.

As far as ocillation the piezos (at least the ones I have been using for like 15 years) already ocillate at a preset sweep (like a siren) and you can't adjust the frequencies. However..you can add as many as you want to make it loud as all heck if you wish. Remember they will not be as loud or painful in a vehicle as they are in a cement walled hall ... the interior materials absorb quite a bit.

Or go with the locomotive horns..lol, that would be insane.

russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah they do oscillate on their own Just needs 12 volts.Yes do hook them to remote controlled device.They will keep the riff raff at bay.I have one that is mounted so you can see it and 2 in the A/C vents painful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Russ.
BigDog
attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I found this a while back and thought it was the shiznits.
Smoke me up remote released gas cannister - Page 2 -- posted image.
I'm planning to hook it up to an aux channel on a 2-way so that I can activate if I see an open door or any definitive indication of intrusion vs a false. They claim a special mix, but I imagine its a glycol or glycerin based chemical, so it shouldnt bugger yer interior too bad if ya clean it up right away.
remote released gas cannister - Page 2 -- posted image.
remote released gas cannister - Page 2 -- posted image.
attilahooper 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
yep. message board filters, search and replace. you just figured that out ? LOL ! you musta beeen a good boy for a thousand posts or so. What happened ? using up all your curses before Sunday remote released gas cannister - Page 2 -- posted image. LOL !!! or did the mods update the BB software ? Lol, I'm just fcuking witya remote released gas cannister - Page 2 -- posted image.
Can someone say group purchase ?
attilahooper 
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
I agree aboout the door trig. I suppose it would require two relays in series perhaps ? one on alarm and other on door, both on = trig.
attilahooper 
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
ya coudlnt delay it too much, it takes 3 sec to warm up ( I assume; start making smoke)
A thief will be aiming his screwdriver at that moment. I figured a strobe in the a/c vent might make him lose his faculties initially. all the while the the pain generators would be softening him up.
My only experience is with a compustar ss, while it worked, [ for a very short loving time remote released gas cannister - Page 2 -- posted image. ]), the 'arm w door open' problem never occured w me. But I could see it happening, t'would suck hairy moose cook
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic