2002 grand prix with bose and onstar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lookin4trouble 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
2002 Grand Prix with Bose premium audio and Onstar request:
Stereo wiring diagram referenced in database for 2002 Grand Prix is for base-model stereo, does not include any of the wiring for the BOSE in-trunk amplifier or ONSTAR system. Looking specifically for pinout diagram on factory harness including "Remote turn-on lead for Bose Amp"
Thanks
t3hnub
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

If you are trying to replace the stock deck with an aftermarket it is HIGHLY reccomended to use an adaptor for chime retention..onstar retention, as well as bose integration. The link below is an example of one of these adaptors..which will make the install a breeze as well as prevent messing up other systems in the vehicle.

http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=228&ItemID=DCGMOS1B14B

If you simply wish to find the remote to add an amp you can safly probe the deck harness with a DMM..look for the wire that puts out 12v + whenever the deck is turned on. Cut it and see if the amp turns off..if so...bingo.

lookin4trouble 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have an adaptor (Metra 70-1858) which is supposed to be the exact match, but which pin do I connect the remote turn-on lead from the head unit into, to get a remote turn-on signal to the Bose Amp? This is the last piece of info I need. I checked other forums, and they say to hit the Hot Pink wire for remote signal, but while there is a hot pink coming off the amplifier, there is no hot pink on my wiring harness. Build technicians must've run out of pink and hacked it together with the wrong color... Like I said, I'm just looking for a diagram that shows the pinout and what each wire does like:
Pin1: Power |=|=| Pin 11: Illumination
Pin2: Ground |=|=| Pin 12: Empty
Pin3: ETC...
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

If an 70-1858 is being used the blue wire on that is for remote..and yes..it should be a pink on the vehicle side of the plug. Perhaps someone else has a pinout for that..I do not but that harness is very, very common and I see no reason why the colors would be different.  Sometimes on late model GMs it may be white for remote...but why is there not a blue wire on the 1858?

Good Luck

lookin4trouble 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
The 70-1858 has a couple of empty pins since apparently it was built for the standard radio system (without Bose amp, without Onstar) I've turned off the Onstar system, so I'm none too worried about that, but I do need to get a turn-on signal back to the amplifier
Thanks
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

What about the blue wire(s) on the 70-1858?  Are they there?? those are for remote (amps and/or power antennas.) Blue w/ white is generally for amp..solid blue for ant.

If the blue wire(s) are not there..or don't line up to anything on the vehicle side..just do what I suggested earlier. Probe the leftover wires (can't be too many) while the deck is plugged in and powered up...look for the one that sends out 12v+ when the deck is switched on...low or no voltage when switched off.

That should be alot quicker then coming here a few times looking for a pinout diagram.

Good Luck

lookin4trouble 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Blue on the 70-1858 matches to [EMPTY] on the stock wiring harness. It turns out after taking a DMM to EVERYTHING that the correct wire is not on the stereo wiring harness, but on the steering wheel control interface. I pulled off the 6 year old electrical tape back about a foot to find the pink wire, where the factory technician had spliced on BLACK/ whitestripe wire up to the harness.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

cool mystery solved I guess..but I still wonder how the factory deck turned on the amp if the wire was not at the dash harness...strange.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic