icon

backup camera trick?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gc714 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

Well I have a problem with my set up!! I did not wire a switch or relay in yet, just wired it as instructions. 12+ & grd. from cam, video rca from cam to head unit and the PURPLE / wh from head unit to 12+ at the reverse bulb.

When I select reverse the monitor switches to back up cam mode but screen goes blank with a message "Caution Image may appear reversed" Now I also have a aux mode on my avh p5700 that shows cam video when I shift into reverse it disappears, even if I disconnect the reverse signal wire. So either way I have no rear camera in reverse!!! The cam has the option to be standard view or reverse image, tried both ways...

this is the cam I bought...http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130076872368&rd=1,1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

gc714 
Member spacespace
gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2007 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Well I did have the camera rca jack plugged in the video input instead of the back up camera input, but that did not solve my problem.

I plugged a separate rca cable between the video out and backup cam in on my avh-p5700 and when I shifted into rev. I had great video. I also see the video from the camera when I have it plugged into the video in which shows up on av, still won't work in rev . When I connect everything as the instructions say I have no video, except it'll flash up on the screen shifting from rev to neutral......

Anyone have an idea?

gc714 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Well I finally had time to tear everything apart today. I grounded my camera to the ground wire in the 6pin trailer harness. As it turns out that wire drops the ground out when Reverse is engaged!! So when I was connected to the video input it was still grounded,(viewing in park,drive etc) as I had it in back up form which was the sole purpose I would loose the ground when shifting into rev. I have a new separate grd. now and I am in business! Just posting my answer in case anyone else makes a dumb mistake like I did! Lol
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic