icon

how to setup 3 way aftermarket locks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
negreac 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2007 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
I guess that's really my only option. Was trying to lay all this out before buying and testing teh kit. Does anyone know which wire is activated second when the drivers priority is activated on teh compustar CM3000 unit? I tried calling compustar but they wouldnt tell me since I'm not an authorized delaer. I could just test it once I have it installed but if someone already knows it'll save me teh time. Kar tune man said something about using teh drivers priority for all the other doors. Does that mean it has the delay on it? If so, then what will happen if I disable teh driver's priority? Will only my driver's side door unlock?
negreac 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so this is what've come up with so far:
[/img]https://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9167/doorlocksbl5.png[img]
I see a few problems with the power from the D/S priority relay feeding back into the lock module if it works how I assume it does which is using 2 relays to control unlock/lock for both doors. As is, I could very well short the sytem by back feeding and/or lock the other doors by back feeding through the other solenoids if they are all hooked up to the same 2 relays. I'm pretty sure these problems can be solved with a couple more relays or a multi switch relay to split the lines when teh driver's priority is hit. Beyond that I am unsure how the module will react to the driver door being unlocked and the passenger side being locked since I don't know how the system operates. It may try and match the other locks for all I know and defeat the entire purpose of driver's priority. Anyone have any idea how I can make this work??? I want to have keyless driver's priority but when I switch the lock on either the passenger or driver's side manually I want all the other locks to follow. I don't want a seperate switch. Anyone have any creative ideas? If I can't come up with something that's full proof I'm gonna have to give up on driver's priority. Also, If I wire in the tailgate actuator like that will it still follow the passenger lock or only the driver's? I suppose if it really is only 2 relays controlling both actuators it should follow both.
negreac 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
damn I put the tags in backwords, here:
how to setup 3 way aftermarket locks? - Page 2 -- posted image.
negreac 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Just noticed I have teh orange (driver's priority trigger) and lt. blue (unlock trigger) backwards. You shoudl still get teh idea though.
negreac 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic