icon

astrostart 2205 issue, error code 19

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timmi 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
Im have issues with a new model Astrostart 2205 R/S. Installed in vehicle, wouldnt start. It triggers the parking lights and then gives a flash code 19. Swapped out brain/antenna/remote with a Astrostart 4204 and the vehicle starts perfectly. So I conclude the 2205 is faulty, sent unit back, got replacement 2205, and the replacement does the same thing, with code 19. Then BENCH TESTED 2205, (using 4 low power 12 volt light bulbs), and again got code 19. Tried the known-working 4204 on the bench test and it works fine. I then gave up on this particular 2205 unit and bought a 3rd 2205 unit (its what the customer wanted), and again, code 19 error (on the bench test).
What am I doing wrong???
The bench test is using only the 2 main red power wires, the 1 ground wire, then the parking light, accessory, ignition and starter wires are hooked up 4 individual lower power 12v bulbs. This bench test works perfectly with my 4204 model, but all the 2205's get a code 19.
Has anybody had trouble like this with the astrostart 2205?
Any and all comments are appreciated...
Tim
timmi 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, forgot to mention, I also have the +12 brake input wire hooked up on the bench test with a momentary switch to trigger the programming.. and of course the ON/OFF switch and antenna hooked up too...
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
Error 19 is is manual mode.....there is a NEW programming step. The new brains all come pre programmed for manual trans, youll need to program for auto trans. It's leval 16 programming.  dips 4,5,6,7 up. hit the brake, put em all down, hit the brake.....done. Auto trans now programmed. I ran into this as well, a while back. Had one of the new units, with an OLD install manual. It didn't even show leval 16!!!
timmi 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
That was it. I had no idea they made a change like that.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic