icon

2nd starter wire not work, camry 07

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
legenux 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

I tried #1 but it still does not crank. Do you think #1 is wrong to connect 2nd starter wire on a camry 07? Any other recommendation? I'm just afraid I may fry something.

1) Do it this way, 85 to the small purple, 86 and 30 to 12volts, and 87 to your second starter wire....
2)http://www.velocitymotorsport.com/images/install_notes/108.jpg
3)85 to the purple starter ,86 to ground.  30 to the 2nd starter wire in the car.  87a to nothing. and 87 to 12v constant. 
4)30 to constant 12v+ fused, 85 to ground....86 tapped off the main starter wire, 87 to 2nd start wire
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

All these relay setups are basically doing the same thing..the only thing that will make it not work is depending on the polarity of what you are driving the relay with. Seems you have a small purple wire for this.....if it is positive output you may connect it to 85 or 86...just make sure the other side (85 or 86) is the opposite polarity.

87a is not used. as far as what connects to 30 and 87 those are your high current contacts...as long as one contact is on 12v+ constant fused...and the other is on the correct wire for 2nd start..all will be peachy.

legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
I will give #2 a try. It seems like it will work. First one is missing ground.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
cool..but it doesn't need a ground IF the small purple puts out a negative during remote start..you need to find this out..look at the manual. If it does put out a negative then the #1 circuit will work perfectly.
legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think small purple can put negative because that's the starter wire to the starter side of the cut wire. Hence, it must be 12+ for cranking. I think I'm right about this. So does this mean #1 will not work? If purple puts out +12, will #2 work perfect? Thank.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

Well how was I supposed to know that???  lol

I assumed the small purple was coming from the remote start brain...my bad..then yes it is a positve. So then all you need to do is put 86 to ground. Then #1 will work as well but at that point it actually becomes #3.

Let me know if it works..take care.

legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

Purple is coming off the brain, to be connected to the starter cable. But it will put out 12+ for cranking during remote start. Thanks for clearing that up though.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using a DEI remote start? If so, your option #1 would be the best choice. The skinny purple on DEI units gives off a (-) signal while cranking.
If you aren't using a DEI unit, then list what you do have.
legenux 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
DEI remote start, HOrnet 564T. Are you sure it gives off negative ? It says connect purple to starter wire. It cannot be be negative during remote start, I'd think.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
You are confusing the fatter purple(the 1st starter wire which is 12v when cranking) with the smaller purple(which is a ground out when cranking). The fatter purple will go directly to the 1st starter wire, and the thin purple(which is on the small plug on the relay satalite) should go to the relay you are wiring up for 2nd starter. Use #1 above and connect this thin purple to 85.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic