icon

alarm killed my car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joevincesequoia 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

well first let me say that i have a Viper 791 w/ window mods, shock sensor, motion sensor, and immobilizer bypass.

on monday 3/5/07 i have decided to "demodify" my sequoia

On Tuesday 3/06/07 i took out amp/box/subs/headunit.

after i connected the battery back my viper won"t work. so i had to use the key to lock and unlock my car.

on wedsnesday 03/07/07 I took my car to get the viper fixed. after the viper gets fixed my car won't start.

I have spent 8 and a half hours diagnosing the problem. i have come up empty handed. i"ve checked everything - battery,spark plugs, injectors, starter, fuel pump

one wierd thing that i"ve noticed is that the red light keeping blinking in the middle of my gauge cluster.

I brought it to toyota and they said that the factory immobilizer is fine, and so are your keys.

now im stuck. I have ran out of ideas. can some one give any suggestions. or have any ideas. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR BACK UP AND RUNNING ! Thank you.

Viper 791XV,streetpilot c330,Kenwood 6019,Clarion VMA7194,PS2,Type R Subwoofers
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  
sound like the bypass needs to be reprogrammed
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
Where did you have it installed at. Why didn't you just take it back there to have it checked out.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
The red light on the cluster should stop blinking when you turn the igntion on. It should breifly go solid then go out. If it doesn't there's a problem with it not seeing the key in the ignition or it's seeing more than one.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
after i connected the battery back my viper won"t work.   1st. Why did you disconect the battery? 2nd. what type of bypass module? like mobilecustoms said....it could be a programming issue. 3rd. Does anyone know if the viper products use "flash" memory, or will removing the 12v power for an exstended period of time cause the WHOLE unit to loose memory?  And last but not least. If you installed it....hmmm. If it was done at a retail shop. As you said you took it in to get the viper fixed.....it's obviuosly NOT fixed. Take it back. What kind of car is this anyways.....?
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

A sequoia (1st post), and if it was installed by a shop take it back or have them arrange transport to have it fixed.

joevincesequoia 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

yes I took it back to bestbuy and they said that the transponder isn't the problem...... mind you they never checked for themselves. they just assumed it was a mechnical failure..... i went to toyota and it def. isn't a mechanical failure. the techs at toyota are lost right now, but im sure those guys don"t know much about viper alarm systems w/ immobilizer bypass. the Head tech guy is in monday. I would hate to see hundreds or thousands go over a silly bypass. any ideas will be great.

I drive a 2001 toyota sequoia with factory  immobilizer  and transponder key.

What should i do ? i will go to bestbuy and talk to a manager but i need proof. and by the time i get proof toyota will have charged me alot of money.

Viper 791XV,streetpilot c330,Kenwood 6019,Clarion VMA7194,PS2,Type R Subwoofers
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
This could very well be the transponder seeing two keys.  I would go back to best buy and force them to check out thier work. I used to work at bb and would never just say no its not this without looking. Trust me the Toyota techs won't be able to figure it out. I have yet to see one tech  correctly diagnose a r/s security system.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic