icon

95 z28 camaro stock alarm disable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gjarrett16 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 95 z28 camaro and i put in a remote start, but the key sense wont let me start the car. i would like to know how to get past that, i ran a wire to the starter it self and now the key sense OR alarm wont let it run after it starts (it runs for 2 seconds then dies). please help me much thanks! Gjarrett16@msn.com
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Is this a alarm problem or anti-theft system problem..I am not clear.

However if you did not bypass the VATS system..it will keep shutting down.

If you want to keep it there is a relay circuit you need to build. If you want to totally disable it measure the resistance (across that little black pellet on the key). Get a resistor of that value. Cut the 2 wires off for the vats (usually white and real thin)  do not mess with airbag wires..these VATS wires you can follow right to the ignition cylinder and run in the ignition harness, Cut them and place the resistor across the vehicle side. Now the car is fooled into thinking the key is in. Do a starter kill since you have no left your vehicle vunerable to theft.

And make a very good connection with the resistor or you may be stranded one day..And don't forget to cut the keyside wires because if you just put the resistor across the 2 vats wires it will read the key resistor and the one you put in at the same time and sense a wrong R code and the car will never start.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic