icon

1998 cavalier door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdreece 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

Beginning to think that maybe i have a bad alarm brain cannot get the alarm to trigger when the doors are opened.Directechs show GREEN/ black and lt blue but when i hook them up the way it shows and diode the wires it does nothing when the doors are opened.I figured Directechs would have had some troubleshooting on it but they had nothing.Any ideals?

My alarm manual states connect white to the vehicle door trigger wire

If the door trigger is negative ,connect the WHITE/ black wire to ground

if the door trigger is positive connect the WHITE/ black to a fused +12 volt source

but i am getting no responce from the alarm when the door is opened

My door triggers are (-) but i do have the dome light delay i dont know if that makes any difference or not.

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
a simple way to check your alarm brain is to ground the wht/blk neg trigger when armed and see if the alarm goes off.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

Meter the white wire....see if it's affected by the delay? Since you have 2 wires to be able to do either polarity, Im betting the delay will not matter

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 cavalier, but I am not sure if the setup's for both cars are the same. The way I have my door triggers set up, is I use the negative trigger from the alarm and run that with the domelight output of the alarm (using a relay for the domelight wire) and running those to the wire in the car that works the domelight. Since my car doesnt have the door ajar indicater, I dont need to use the actual door trigger wires from the car. As soon as you open the door, the domelight would come on thus causing the alarm to sound.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Your 2002 Cavalier will still have separate door triggers, ajar indicator or not. GREEN/ black for driver's door, light blue for the passenger's. Both can be found in and near the large black plug in the driver's kick (that also has brake, ebrake, parklights, fuel pump, and a few other things in it, BTW).
The 98 should be the same. May have to get the passenger's side over on the passenger's side of the car.
Negative, diode appropriately.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
your correct gus1. My car does have seperate door triggers but since both doors can turn on/off the domelight, you dont need to use both, nor even use 1. No matter what door you open, the domelight will come on, so you only have to use the domelight as a door trigger.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic