icon

2003 gmc yukon denali acc wire special

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Roveer 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

2003 Yukon Denali with Factory Navigation (non touch screen)

Looking for 12V accessory wire.  Problem, have found regular accessory wires that shuts off when you turn off the key, but I'm looking for a 12V that stays on until you open the door.  On GMC's the radio continues to operate after removing the key until you open the door (or after a number of minutes, maybe 15?).  I'm looking for 12V+ that follows that scheme.  Have wired in a video modulator into the nav screen but using regular accessory 12v it shuts off on key removal even know the radio stays on until door opens.  This results in LOS to nav which causes the screen to go crazy.  If I can find 12v that stays on till door is opened I will have acheieved my goal.

Regards,

Roveer

swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
i would use a gm-04 and a 71-2003-1 harness together. the gm-04 will give you the retained acc untill door opened, and the 71-2003-1 reverse harness will allow you to plug the factory radio back in
git yer swerve on!
Roveer 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

Based on your suggestion to use a harness this would mean that the voltage is present in the current harness.  I tested for it and the only one I found was the backlight 12V which varied based on the setting of the dimmer wheel on the dashboard.  It varied from 2V to 12V.

I was thinking of using this wire to drive a relay which would switch a constant 12V which would give me what I want.  Does this make sense? I've never worked with relays before, but understand the concept and the wiring diagrams I've seen are pretty straight forward.  If so, does Radio Shack sell anything that I could use or am I talking special order?

Thanks,

Roveer

f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
The accessory circuit on that radio is class II data. The gm-04 converts the data signal to 12volt retained accessory power.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic