icon

autopage 720lcd and rs 860lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djkurious 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1999 Tahoe and a 720LCD remote start alarm and love it!  I was wondering if I purchased the RS-860LCD if all the same wires and harnesses will work.  The fact of rewiring everything doesn't sound like fun to me! I like the newer FM/FM remotes and additional channels that I might can use on the 860.  If anyone has done this, let me know.

PS. Also, I have downloaded both manuals and it looks like all I would have to do is switch the main box.

accessdenied 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I believe Autopage repackaged the 720LCD with up'd features like the FM 2way so if the wiring looks the same and the harness on the main box are the same then it should work.If you need those extra channnels, then you need to wire those up since your current connections did not have those.
Did you do the install yourself?
Also, can you link the install manual for the RS-860LCD?
Thanks.
djkurious 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

Greetings Everyone!

I am a proud owner of a 1999 Chevy Tahoe with a Autopage RS-720LCD remote start/alarm.  I have had the alarm installed for 4 years and then I saw the new RS-860LCD.  So I purchased the new unit and installed it.  I know my trunk does have a Passlock system and I will be cutting the old harness wires and just wiring up the new harness for the alarm.  I have done so, and now the alarm is programmed and works, but the truck will not start when I try to start it with the key.  I have not learned the tachometer just yet bcause I was not planning to remote start till the winter time.  For now, I just need the truck to start normally with the key in the ignition.  Could it be the starter disable kicking in or the Passlock system keeping it from starting?  I think it is the Passlock system because I know the started disable only disables the starter when the alarm is in armed mode.  I have never wired a alrm from scratch and the alarm was installed by a reputable shop in 2002.  Please advise on what I need to do next to get this truck to start like normal with the key in the ignition

1999 Chevy Tahoe

AutoPage RS860-LCD

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

Does your vehicle try to crank??  Are you using a bypass for it?? which one?

djkurious 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:

Does your vehicle try to crank??  Are you using a bypass for it?? which one?

The vehicle does not try to crank with the key.  However, I can remote start the vehicle with no problem and be on my way. 

I don't know if the previous installer used a bypass kit or not. If so, where would the typical installer hid the bypass kit?

Thanks for all your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic