the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

fried the becu in ’06 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

When I fried the BECU .. I was testing this green wire w/ my VMM ... I read a 12.4vdc constant... then pressed the unlock button on the driver's door .. I watched the wire fluctuate down to 12.1vdc or so ... then it when back up to 12.4vdc constant.  Being retarded, i then proceeded to test this wire w/ ground to see if it would perform the unlock -- and of course I saw then a tiny spark and since then, the locks/unlock and trunk popper do not work.

Clearly, I now know exactly where those blue and blue / YELLOW wires are for the lock and unlock features that go to the BECU. 

What is the 'net address to that Toyota site? Thanks

The search function is your friend.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
peterubers wrote:

Kevin --

I downloaded the service manual and found the plug that I fried a wire in -- it's supposed to be reading 10 - 14vdc constant (and of course, now, it is reading 0 vdc).  It's a power line to the Body ECU.  I'll keep you all informed of my progress, thank you again

Does the service manual show if there is an inline fuse?

Kevin Pierson
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  

Got the complete service manual as well as the EWD's... ( www.camrymanuals.com) .. great site... every *pdf for every camry

I traced this BLUE/WHITE wire (pin 14 of the 2G Connector in the Instrument Junction box i.e. the fusebox) ... it receives 12vdc (25A) from the engine fusebox (through the 25A DOOR1 fuse).  This blue/white wire (I thought it was green for some reason, I was incorrect) supplies 12vdc to the BECU for the purposes of door locking/unlocking.  It should read 10-14vdc constant, and of course now it is reading 0 vdc.

Unfortunately I don't have my buddy's car here now, otherwise I'd check that 25A fuse in the engine bay to see if that's what was blown.  You guys are awesome, thanks for the tips, I'll keep you informed.

( http://www.camrymanuals.com/manuals/02/68_Wiring.pdf)

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
peterubers wrote:

When I fried the BECU .. I was testing this green wire w/ my VMM ... I read a 12.4vdc constant... then pressed the unlock button on the driver's door .. I watched the wire fluctuate down to 12.1vdc or so ... then it when back up to 12.4vdc constant.  Being retarded, i then proceeded to test this wire w/ ground to see if it would perform the unlock -- and of course I saw then a tiny spark and since then, the locks/unlock and trunk popper do not work.

Another thing you are doing wrong is trying to test the BLUE wire when pressing the unlock switch on the door. Hook up your meter to a blue wire coming out of the door, and then you need to turn the key in the drivers door and watch the meter. It should go from 12v to 0v.
There are wires that go from the switch to the cars BECU and there are different wires that go from the key cylinder to the BECU. If you use the wires from the switch, you will have problems because the switch wires fall asleep after the car is sitting and has been locked. This prevents someone from pulling back the window and hitting the unlock switch with a coat hanger.
peterubers 
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip JWorm... will try it that way.
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock blue / YELLOW  -  DKP or bottom of fusebox, 20 pin plg
Power Unlock blue (double pulse)  -  DKP or BECU, top plug, pin 22

Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder

The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The plugs for the BECU are on the left side edge
Can also use the passenger door key cylinder unlock wire, which only requires a single pulse. It is blue/white (-) in the BECU, top plug, pin 21

nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

double check the fuses inside and outside too, you might have over looked one.

peterubers 
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

problem solved!

It was the DOOR1 fuse in the engine bay main fuse box (right hand side of engine bay behind the battery).  It's a 25A fuse .. blew it when I tapped the doorlock power line to ground when fishing for the unlock wire.  All is resolved .. thanks for all the help guys.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic