icon

wanting this to work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
truck man 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2003 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I want to make the horn honk when I lock my truck with the remote form the keyless entry systen that I bought when the door opens. The orange wire from my module is grounded when I lock it, the horn wire will also blow the horn when I touch ground and my door trigger switch wires 3 of them are also ground none of them show 12 pos. at any time. How can I hook this up to a relay to make this work

The truck that I have is a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. cab

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2003 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

ok well you can do this . the wire that controls the parking lights tap off of that and connect it to pin 85 of a five pin relay (bosch) no cheep crap. pin 86 and pin 87 connect to ground, and pin 30 is your output to the horn negative wire, from column now after you have that wire from relay put a 300ohm resistor in the line from the relay to the negative horn wire of car this will decrease the voltage so that your horn is not extremely loud if the horn is still loud you can increase the resistor value or add a flasher but the same affect with the flasher will not be one you want cause it take a sec or two for the power or ground to go through the flasher and you dont want that, . you need a resistor on that line also you need a diode between the parking light wire and the wire comming from your original keyless entry system so that when you manually turn your p lights on it will not make the horn honk . check this first but on the diode the strip side has to touch the parking light wire of the car and the non stripped side needs to be connected to the parkign light wire of the keyless entry system.

need more help email me.

Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2003 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

at my new email address

@    nyinstaller@netscape.net

Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
truck man 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Actually I have this feature I guess I did not explain myself on my post. What I am wanting to do is to make the system act like a alarm when the doors are locked with the remote,and to honk the horn if the doors are opened when the keyless entry is in the lock mode. The unit is a ic dynamics model 3ka. They say if you want the system to act like a alarm there is a orange wire that comes out of the module that is a groung when the system is locked they say to hook up that wire to term.85 the horn wire to 30 the door switch to 86 and 12 volts to 87 my wires from the door trigger is neg the horn is neg. and the orange wire is ground when I lock the truck.
I think that the paper that they gave me was for pos. door trigger and pos horn because it will not work

camino 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

i think i know what you wanna do ,you can do this,if you have nevative trigger in your door

#85 to your negative door trigger

#86 to 12v constant

#30 to  orange wire from your alarm

#87 to horn trigger

one detail about this is that  need pulsed trigger for the horn,just use a flasher to do that, the 87 output is the output for your flasher.

what car is this for? ok good luck,and check double chek your wires and conections or the fire will let you know something is wrong,ja

el camino
truck man 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  

It is for a 1997 chevy silverado thanks i will try this I think that it will work

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic