icon

loud tone from the subs at shut off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  

Put your line-output adapter behind the radio. Ground the line-out adpt. to the ground tie strap that you find there. That should fix it. You don't have to cut out your rear speakers.

Try that,

David

loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

Oh yeah. Also I don't suggest running gains at max. Your power detail will dictate you root means square power.

David

David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
pldtj 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, my gains arent set that high, only a little ver half. It has 3 other adjustments that make alot of difference on this amp. DBO,Freq,bass boost.I was planning on doing a little rewiring and put it somewhere in the dash, there isnt much room behind the head unit though, I was thinking about putting it behind the glove compartment, more room there.I have the Sven4 The instructions are pretty vague on that thing,it has a ground coming from both input and out on the harnesses, you know how I actually ground that thing? I actually have another amp that I am gonna hook up when I do my rewiring, run it to the inside factories. one thing Im wondering about though is the car has a 6 speaker system stock, are the fronts and the tweets wired from the same outputs in the front, If I'm not mistaken there are only 8 outputs in the OEM harness.I really didnt look at it that hard when I was wiring remote up.Guess I'll just have to take it back apart and look.
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  

the problem, is that the speaker wires still have some sort of voltage on them when you turn the radio off.  the best fix would be to find the factory amp turn on wire behind the factory radio and use that to turn the amp on and off with the radio.   if that wire isnt available, then you could put a switch inline on the remote wire up at the dash.  this way you can cut off the amp before you turn off the car so you dont have to hear the hum.

jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
I would suggest a switch on your remote turn-on wire to prevent battery drain when you crank the car up. Like duct tape suggested also.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
pldtj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
ok well I got the noise figured out, it was the way I had the inputs tapped from the rear speakers. But now I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the sven4 by peripheral and how the ground works on that thing. It has 2 ground wires, one from each wiring harness, one on the input and one on the output. Im assuming it grounds inline but how? Like I said in one of my earlier posts the directions are very vague for it.
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
i only hook up the grounds on that thing if the system is making noise otherwise i dont hook it up.
git yer swerve on!
pldtj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
Well the reason I was aking is that now that I have the other amp  wired to the front and rear factories, it has a static with the volume turned all the way down, not too loud but just enough to grate on you after a bit. I just dont know how Im supposed to ground it since it has 2 wires.
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
Im confused. You don't know how to ground it cause it has 2 wires? Please explain.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
pldtj 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

it's explained 2 posts up. What im asking is how I ground it? 2 ground wires, would i just ground them both to the chasis? Im talking about the sven4 not the amp.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic