the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

recommendation for remote starter/alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  

What do you guys recommend for a good remote starter/alarm combo? I'd like to buy online if anyone can suggest a place to buy from? I'd prefer a two way system, but am open to suggestions.

I was looking along the lines of the Viper 771XV or 791VX or the Clifford MATRIX RSX3.2 or RSX3.5... Any inputs into these units? Advantages/disadvatages of any in particular?

Thanks for any help you can be,

J.

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
all are the same system except one remote is lcd and one is led same features etc.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I know that, sorry for listing all those... I guess I more wanted to know if these were good units and where I could get them or is there something else I should look at? I've been looking around online but can't find much but just the silly remotes for any of these!
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

ok, from all the looking around I've done, I think I'm looking for a Clifford Matrix RSX3.2 or a Viper 771XV or Python 871XP ...

Anyone know of a place near west Mississuaga, Ontario or a place online I can buy one?

john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

I would go with Audiovox APS786T.Good quality.Affordable.I find with time most 2-way LCD transmitters get damaged from abuse usually 1 year.Just stop and think of the abuse you put your set  of keys through.They get tossed around,dropped,moved around in pockets.Now you put this same abuse onto a small LCD screen.It does not last too long.

f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
It is amazing how careful you can be with your keys when you have a $100 plus dollar remote attached to them!!! As far as the models you listed they are all great. I personally like the LCD units better as they have better range, quicker response time, and you can look at the remote and see whether the car is locked or not. As far as Viper, Clifford, or Python goes they are authorized dealer only lines and require dealer installation. To find an authorized dealer in your area go to Directed.com and use their dealer locator.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  

Well, I bought a unit yesterday... and it wasn't one of the ones listed!

I got a CompuStar 2W900FMA :) From what I've read about these units, the remotes are a bit more durable than the Cliffords etc. and the range is better. It sounds like they have their own quirks with the remotes too though ;)  Y'all think I made a decent choice?

A couple more questions regarding this unit please:

I know proximity sensors inside a car can be troublesome, but if one was set low enough so if say, someone actually had to touch the windows before it would warn away, does anyone think this would save alot of false alarms? Any recommendations on a unit that would work well with the CompuStar or should I stick with some other kind of sensor for the interior? It is supposed to have two inputs (1 for warn away, and 1 for full.)

Thanks for all the help so far everyone :)

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

viper 5900 sst or  matrix 50.5x all the way.

bullet proof.

lifetime warranty on the brain.

over 1.5 km range...both ways !!!!

all the features you need and want.

channel linking is a work of a genius.

i'd sell it to family and even my neighbour just to see the smile on their face.

get it at gregg's install, cobra car protection or ultra auto sound, tint master, future shop or best buy.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
twosteppin 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

icarus, how do you like the 2w900?  Youre actually in the same area as me, where did you get yours from and where did you get it installed?  Im going to probably get mine from future shop but they only have the 2w8000fm.

Is the 900 the same as the 8000?  I cant find any information on the 8000 on compustars website.... anyone know?

icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  

I've not yet installed it, twosteppin. It just showed up in the mail today...

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic