icon

fix for chdl7pk2, xk532 modules no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

these modules are supposed to do the resisted value for the ignition wires on all of the new chryslers, jeeps, dodge.  I have yet to get one to work right out of the box.  I may start once and not again, or it will trip an abs or airbag light due to the accessory not powering up.

I know i'm not the only one with this problem, so to fix it put a 1000ohm resistor between the pink and black wires on the module.  works every time now. hope that helps some of you from having to build those relays.

lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

Think it shows that on the latest "manual" on web site, but think resister is different value.

Maybe someday, these guys will actually test in car instead of computer.

fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
You know I wish I had read this before I did THREE Jeep commanders in a row. The first one went off without a hitch the 532 did what it was supposed to and still is. The other two i had to build relays for and scrap the MUX wire coming out of the module. Fortunately I read this before I do the four Ram trucks coming to my shop. My dad owns a shop and has all the Directed access and he talked to one of the techs and they told him it the the difference between a LAN data bus and a CAN data bus. Apperntly, according to them, there are two different kinds going from 06 to 07 and the LAN is not doing right for the 532. That may be just so much hype since they are Directed and not Periphial. any way who cares if the resisor works I will just rock on. Whats one more wire in line anyway?
Thanks
fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Just to be clear you are putting a 1000 ohm resistor between the black(ground) wire and the pink(start hookup wire)right?
vitrox 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
yep, those are the ones.
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
The trick to the programming the CHDL7pk2 is to get everything wired up, to program the box you take apart one of the factory keys (so the chip is removed). You then place the key in ign, wait as long as the instructions say, then put the second key in the ignition wait till the instructions tell you, then you have about 45 seconds to do this, you take the key that you pulled the chip loose from, stick that in the ignition, hold the CHDL7pk box upto the ignition switch, turn the "key only" the one without the chip in it up to the cylinder, this will allow the box to program, I have got it to work on both grand cherokee's. I found that it will usually trip the check engine light, but all you have to do is reset it, I drove down the block to checker auto parts and cleared the code. Or if you have a code scanner you can use that, or remove the battery for 10 min.
fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a bunch Vitrox that is a great help. Northern thanks for your input also. I figured the key trick out too and it works like a charm. As for the check engine light I usually just pull the negative cable. But I have a scan tool coming in soon I just cannot wait.
vitrox 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

some of the new chrysler, jeep, and dodge vehicles do not actually have a chip in the key, make sure you test before you try to program a module.

just take a key apart and pull the chip out of it and try to start the car without.  If it runs, then no chip.  I've ran into 3 different vehicles like this.  They all had the large keys with the fob built in.

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
In the new Grand cherokees with keyfobs built in .. the transponder is actually in the little circuit board within the head of the key (i.e. the keyfob) .. so when you remove this circuit board and battery, the hollow "husk" of the key does not start the car.
The search function is your friend.
vitrox 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
on most of them it won't, but I have ran into a few that did start without the chip inside the key, therefore no bypass module was required for the key.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic