icon

reprogramming a 791vx remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
way2qk4u2c 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

OK here it is- my remote saw the washing machine. It turns on and everything however i think the memory got wiped away because all functions work but its acting like it cant find the receiver in the truck. Anyway to reprogram these easily so i can try that before buying a new remote.

thanks guys so much

dman007 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I would make sure that the remote is fully dried out before putting back the battery. But here is the programing procedure straight from the manual.
1. Open a door. (The GREEN wire, H1/8, or the VIOLET, H1/6 must be connected.)
2. Key. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
3. Choose. Within 10 seconds, press and release the Program switch the number of times corresponding
to the desired channel listed below. Once you have selected the channel, press
the switch once more and HOLD it. The LED will flash and the horn will honk (if connected)
to confirm the selected channel. Do not release the Program switch.
4. Transmit. While HOLDING the Valet/Program switch, press the button on the transmitter
that you would like to control the selected receiver channel. The unit will chirp to confirm
that the code has been successfully programmed. It is not possible to teach a transmitter
button to the system more than once.
5. Release. Once the code is learned, the Valet/Program switch can be released.
CHANNEL NUMBER FUNCTION WIRE COLOR
1 Auto Learn Standard Configuration* (default)
2 Arm only
3 Disarm only
4 Silent Mode™/Remote Valet/Trunk Release
5 Remote Start
6 Channel 4
7 Channel 5
8 Channel 6
9 Short Run/Turbo
10 Timer Mode
11 Arm/Disarm/Panic
12 Panic only
13 Defogger Control
14 Delete all transmitters**
way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Alright it seems that i dont have a valet/program switch (the black switch that goes in and out) i dont have one hookedup- could someone send me one or help me out where to get one.

I just want to see if my remote is super dead or just need to be reprogrammed. Im lost without my remote!!!!!

way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i must be doing something wrong- i opened a door and turn ignition to on and push the valet button once and then held it and tried pushing the remote button. But the LED never flashes and nothing happens????

what am i doing wrong?????

creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
are u sure ur pushing the valet switch? u said u didnt have one...
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
It is possible to disable transmitter programming with the bitwriter. If you cannot get it to work you may need to go to an authorized dealer and have them check to make sure that transmitter programming is turned on. The other thing that is possible is that the door trigger is wired to the positive dome light circuit. On some of the newer trucks the dome light can be turned off by a switch on the dash and then the alarm brain does not see a door open.
way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

Yea i got one off ebay- plugged it in last night

what happen is me an dmy buddy put this r/s in awhile ago- he had a bit writer and set it all up- but i cant get a hold of him so im trying the manual way- so im not sure if he disbaled something.

not sure what this means- when i turn ignition ON and then turn OFF and i hit the valet button once- the LED stays on until i hit the button again.

Also i got the LED to flash 5 times consecutive when the car is off (is that valet mode????)

its liek everything is disabled ever since the remote died- but i know the brain stil works and the green or violet should be hooked up to the dome light (cuz i know we hooked up supervision wire)

way2qk4u2c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
So it looks like i need a bit writer does anyone have one that can hook me up and help me with this issue??????

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic