icon

2000 Honda Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
illmattix 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote start and alarm on my 2000 accord. I'm having trouble finding the tach wire. I think it's supposed to be a blue wire coming off the distributor but i can't find it. Does anyone know exactly where it is? Also, the door lock and unlock wires are supposed to be on the passenger's side. Lock is BLACK/ blue and unlock is orange. I'm having trouble finding these as well. ANy help is appreciated.
Matt James
ossrom 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

lock/ unlock are in the fuse box compart ment on the passanger side, open panel and you'lll find them there, as well as your dome light  wire.

as far as the tach wire goes, if i'm not mistaken, this car no longer has a single coil, it may have a small coil per pair of spark plug.

look for them on the engine, thy shuld have 2 wires going into them, one of them will be the tach wire. (try one with a T-tap connector and if that's not the one the other one will)

hope this helps

ossrom
illmattix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate it. Also, now i have another problem. I've located the lock wire and it works fine. I thought i had located the unlock wire(orange) also. However with the alarm hooked to this wire, the arm and disarm functions both lock the door. Any ideas?
Matt James
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

is your Honda a LX  or   EX ???  Anyway  the  tach wire  is very easy to find. 

TACHOMETER|blue                |   |tach test connector *11 

*11 The tach test connector is located behind the battery on the 4 cylinder, and on a bracket attached to the drivers side strut tower on the 6 cylinder motor.  The tach test connector is a white 2 pin connector, and may be covered by a black rubber boot.

POWER LOCK|BLACK/ blue *2       |-  |passengers fuse box *3      |

|     POWER UNLOCK|orange              |-  |passengers fuse box *3  
a*2 Use BLACK/ white for lock and GREEN/ red for unlock on LX models without factory security.  These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.  *3 in a green 20 pin connector.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
illmattix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I've found the lock and unlock wires. But depending on how i plug it in arm and disarm still do the same function. Either i hit arm and the doors lock then hit disarm and the doors try to lock again or i hit arm and the doors unlock then i hit disarm and the doors try to unlock again. Do i need a relay system to reverse one of the signals? Also, this is anEX with a 4 cylinder.
Matt James
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

maybe you have the wires reverse?  Try  to reverse in the lock and unlock  wire.   It should work we no problem.

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic