icon

trigger domelight fade no delay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
disker 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 97 Rodeo with a (-) domelight trigger and I want to make the domelight fade.  The alarm I have has a dome light delay, but no fade and I found an addon that has both a delay and fade (http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm), but coupled together makes too LONG of a delay.

I just need a way to have the domelight fade with no added delay (past what the alarm provides).  I have found some schematics, but they seem to be for a (+) trigger.

If possible, also a way to have it shut off instantly both when the car ignition is turned on and when the alarm is activated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Disker
disker 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

I was told by a person from the site mentioned above that I can connect the +12v acc lead to +12v constant and it would remove the delay.

He also said that I could leave the +12v acc line disconnected and it would remove the delay, but I'm not sure about this.

I have one on order and I'll let everyone know how it works out. I'll try it both ways and report my findings.

Wish me luck!

Disker
disker 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I didn't try it with the +12v acc removed, but with it set to +12v constant, it works perfectly!  For those of you needing something like this, this is it! And the customer service from the company that sells it was great!

The unit is about 1in in diameter and 4in long so plan that in your install before ordering - their Webpage makes it look much smaller.

Let me know if this info helps anyone.

CIAO!

Disker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic