icon

Remote Start on Manual Trans.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
velocity 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

I am thinking about buying an Autopage RF 750 LCD for my 94 Mustang GT Convertible.  My car has a manual transmission.  Am I going to be able to use the remote start feature or not?  Can make it so I do not have to push the clutch in to start the car?  If not are any other remote start capatible with manual transmissions?

Thanks for you help

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
it will work but not safe . compustar make a manual auto starter
auctionguy123 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Crimestopper has 3 units that do manual transmissions.

RS-900 V

CS-2011 III

CS-2015FM

All three have a unique safety feature that will not allow the vehicle to be started in gear.

Michael Thomas
brunetmj 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
 Just wanted to clarify the difference between a manual transmission starter as compared to an automatic transmission. With a manual transmission remote you need to give the remote starter brain the following information. The clutch is in, the car is in neutral, the hand brake is on, the hood is closed. So you have to you bypass the clutch safety switch  (need to wire a relay) and tell the remote starter brain that the car is in neutral. They also have a hood safety pin switch which prevents remote starting when a mechanic is working on the car. Lastly a manual transmission remote starter often needs a tach wire method to work. The brain needs someway of knowing when the car is running. Automatic transmission models can use a variation in voltages in order to do this. The manual transmission models often need a tach wire or something that “acts” like a tach wire. There are some people who use automatic transmission models but ,as mentioned above, they bypass all these safety features and consequently are unsafe. Mainly because it is possible to remote start the car when it is in gear and the E brake not on. I recommend finding someone with experience to do this. This is not often easy because a lot of places don’t do manual transmissions. Mainly because they are time consuming and also there are issues of liability. With some automotive wiring experience it is possible and takes about eight hours of work . Remember it is not unusual for these starters to come with no install instructions or tech support . Questions you want to ask before buying one.
Mark J Brunet
velocity 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

I just found this Magnadyne Marksman M10,  it says that it works with all gasoline powered vehicles.  Does any one know if it will work on a manual transmission?  What do people think about this security system and remote start?

PS Thanks for the help above!!!

weiweiwei 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
it's the same as autopage 750
velocity 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

Is the Magnadyne Marksman M10 (Autopage 750) a good security system or does anyone thing that others are better?  If so how much are they and do they have remote start (for manual)?

Thanks for the help everyone

RocketRanger 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
I use a Autopage RS-750 on a manual transmission car with all safety features in tack.
-Hood Switch-
All remote start units have a hood safety input. Active ground.
-E-Brake-
All remote start units have a remote start disable input for a user switch. DisableRS=Ground EnableRS=OPEN
Most ebrake are active ground. (Lever up=grounded)
Use this!!!
-Neutral Safety-
The 2 Manual Mazdas I installed these alarms on had a neutral switch on the tranny that tells the cruise control to shut off. Neutral=ground Not Neutral=OPEN
Connecting this to the hood safety input works great.
If you don't have such neutral switch, you must build a custom safety sensor!!!! I use a large reed switch and a strong magnet. (Reed on bracket and magnet on linkage) Cheap and reliable. Have used on several cars.....
All above works great. If you forget and leave the above cars in gear wit hthe RS-750, it chirps 3 times cause it thinks the hood is open. Perfect!!! Re-enter and pull to neutral. Eventually learn....
Rocket....
dnastyboy1 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Check this link http://www.ultrastarters.com/Html/2250.html I have this on my Acura Vigor(Manual Transmission) I like it.
heega 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
The Autopage 750 is definately the coolest remote start/alarm/keyless entry system I have ever seen. If you thinking about getting it, do, because I LOVE it.
Jeremy Heeg
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic