Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weiweiwei 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

i got autopage 750 installed with remote start on my car yesterday

and i find it sux..

weird today..i pressed all the buttons and it dont work..i standing right beside it i can't even unlock my car

the thing is, my friend has a compustar 2wfm and he was beside me and i just wanted to show him how my autopage is superior than his, and the result was just total embarrasement

i press all the buttons nothing work...can't check temperatur, unlock car, panic, car locator, omg...he was there and laughing that his compustar is much better

i think autopage sux or do i just sux

and the range sux also i was parked in a parking lot right beside a restaurant..in side, i try to query the car to check the status and it dont respond with a beep, means nothing happened..i can't do temp, couldn't even unlock my car..till i aimed the remote upwards into the ceiling then it worked...

this sux im so mad that i chose it instead of compustar..my installer was teling me to just get compustar it's much better, better range, better looking remote, is designed for 5-speed, and they had so much expereicne with pager alarms...whereas the autopage just came out with the pager alarm

weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  

ok just went and tested it again..

i park outside my house, and i walk half a block up...i can see my car and i do all the buttons and nothing happen..i have to walk backwards a bit closer then it works...

the antena right now is located on the top right corner of the windshield in the inside..and it's pointing towards the drivers side

should i aim it somewhere else to have better range? like aim it at the top so it points towards the sky?

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
move the antenna. i used to sell compustar they suck @ss. i put 20 compustars in in 2 months. 17 came back with problems.i have been using the marksman unit identical to autopage and have not had one go bad. i get 1500ft of range make sure the installer didnt pinch the antenna wires.
weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

hi thanks for reply, where do u recommend the antena to be placed and which direction should the pointy part be facing??

what do u mean dont pinch the antena wires?  i'll have to call him up to ask him about it...if u can be more specific so i can tell him easier, cuz i dont know much about electronics...

did u find the compustars to have better transmitting range?  i parked in front of my house on the street and i went to my garage and i tried to use the remote and nothing works till i walk up soo close to my street

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
i have a durango r/t and mine is on bottom left of windshield with the point going towards the top of the windshield.  there is a ribbon cable from the antenna to the brain. make sure this isnt pinched. compustar suck alltogether. i'm not a fan they cost me over 5 grand in repair and replacement cost on a $3800 original investment. needles to say there was no profit.
Ap1-f20c 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
weiweiwei are u still having the range problem on your Autopage?
weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

yes i am, i've just got the car done 2 days ago...do u got some tips??

thanks

weiweiwei 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2003 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

i tinted a 6INCH banner from the top of the windshield..and the antena is mounted right at the top right corner from the inside...could that be the problem??

my car is a 2000 prelude it doesn't have factory tint, i just added it in there....

and my rear windshield has a built in antena on the inside..could that cause some problems??

hm....i think it's not the autopage that sux..its my car

RocketRanger 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
It's your antenna placement......
You want
-High as possible
-Perpendiculair to ground
-Unit furthest from parallel metal structures. (Pillars)
Take about into account. I get a half mile range from my RS-750.
Good Luck...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic