icon

needing tv tuner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ka9rqw 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
We've got a TV tuner for our mobile EOC (Emergency Operations Center) that we're going to use for off-air reception that won't power up for some reason. It's a Pyle PLTK100N, and I can't seem to find anything other than an owner's manual for it anywhere on the web. It acts like it wants to power up, i.e. the power light comes on, but will immediately turn back off.
According to the manual, it reads as if all we'd need is power, accessory, and ground (which is all the coach installer hooked up in the first place). There is also a "hand brake" wire, which I would have figured should have been used as well, but it was cut short enough that it was nearly undetectable in the harness.
Obviously, something's wrong with either the hookup method, or we're just plain doing something wrong. I've installed a lot of stuff, but this is the first mobile TV tuner I've worked with other than to use them after installation. Anyone got an installation manual for this unit or any suggestions? Thanks!
--Mike
veeb0rg 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
brake wire should be grounded
ka9rqw 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
That was what I thought. I had figured that the coach builder might have made a mistake in their wiring, so we attempted to power the unit up with the brake wire grounded as well, but got the same results. I will, however, give it another shot and see if things aren't any different. But, given the results last night, I'm not too optimistic. Thanks for the advice.
ka9rqw 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok...my thinking was either wrong, the tuner is hosed, or there's some other problem somewhere. I've pulled it out completely and put it on the bench and STILL can't get it to power up. I tried to power the tuner up both with the brake wire grounded and not, and neither way would produce any results. I suppose it's going to have to go back to the dealer for replacement. Hopefully they can get us a replacement before we have to deploy this beast.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic