1997 jimmy r/s door lock hookup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvorrius 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I installed a DEI 561R Remote start system in my GMC Jimmy. I am not sure about the door lock installation procedure. The vehicle does not have factory keyless or any type of alarm. It does have power door locks all around. I did find the lt. blue and white wire in the harness but not sure how it would be wired. I also purchased a 451m lock module just in case I need it. I don't like using relays. I like going the easy way. I've put a few of these in but I am by no means an "expert" . I usually run into small problems here and there. Whoever can help me with this........I thank you!

James

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock      lt. blue        +       either kick panel
Notes: Also found at the TRW keyless entry module mounted to the under dash panel on drivers side. With the module unplugged, the drivers door lock will no longer function.
Power Unlock      white        +       either kick panel
Notes: Also found at the TRW keyless entry module mounted to the under dash panel on drivers side. With the module unplugged, the drivers door lock will no longer function.
on dei units:
green is (-) lock (+)unlock
blue is (+) lock(-)unlock
so hookup the blue wire from the DEI unit to the Lt.Blue (+)lock wire in the vehicle, and the green wire from the DEI to the (+) unlock in the vehicle.
Before you hook everything up test all your wires using a DMM (digital multi meter)and the notes at the post of my post
GL
rtfm
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
Well, the 561R does not have selectable door locks. you will need to wire up relays. Only higher end DEI units have have + and - door locks.
you will need 2 relays.
For lock relay,
87 12v constant fused
86 to green wire (-lock) wire on 561R
85 12v constant fused
30 to positive lock wire (light blue in dkp)
for unlock relay
87 12v constant fused
86 12v constant fused
85 to blue wire (-unlock ) on 561R
30 to positive lock wire (white in dkp)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic