icon

componet x overs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
travis 06 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a set of polk audio db6500's into the front driver door of my 1999 jetta I mounted the cross-x first then wired up everything. When I put the door panel back on, the bottom of the door wont snap back into place because the cross-x over is to thick, anybody have exp. with componets in a jetta like mine? First time I ever installed a set of componets every thing went well besides the mentioned problem flushed the tweets into the door right next to the door handle with the help of a dremel tool. Also what type of adhesive would one use on the back side of the tweeter trim ring, Thanks for the help.

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Did you see if you have any room inside the door itself? I've had to do that in a few cars cuz of the same problem,in this case I would use some plastic from the packaging and some tape to seal it up nice.As far as mounting the tweets. Most of the time I can make due with the supplied parts for mounting the tweet, sometimes modifying it a little, or just using back straps.If I were going to use glue it would probably use hot glue just so it could easily be removed later on, or if it were to use a serious glue application I would have to recommend gorilla glue or some epoxy.
rtfm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic