icon

2001 tahoe no sound after new hu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fiftymechanic 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a alpine 9851 today and ran my subs. now I have no sound.. The subs knock but no highs or mids. I am running stock everything except the subs, sub amp, and hu. I am using the stock amp to power the speakers. I just took out my old alpine 9831 that worked perfectly fine. What the hell has happened? I put a amp signal wire to the pink stock amp wire but still no luck... Any ideas?
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Have you metered the amp turn you hooked to the factory amp to verify its getting 12 volts to turn on.
john1172 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 9851 but I dont use the speaker outputs, amps only. I believe you have to have the rca patch cord on the bottom set of preouts and subwoofer turned on in setup.
loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Try tapping switched to turn on your factory amp like xtremej suggested. does the radio play in all speakers till you switch to cd source and then your highs go out? Do you still have factory tweets?
David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
fiftymechanic 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

i haven't back probed it yet to see what the voltage is. that was my next queston: does any one know wear the stock amp is located? I think I might just run my other amp if this gets all confusing.

fiftymechanic 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

The subs are the only thing that works. I get nothing from the intereior speakers. I assume the amp is no good but I am wondering if their is any common problem with these or a common fix. Do you know wear the stock amp is located?

fiftymechanic 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
No i get nothing at all from the speakers. I know that the 9830 series have had probmles with the cd player only working with sound, I know that fix. I am just confused to y this is happening. I had a 9831 that I took out yesterday and everything worked perfectly fine. I put this deck in the same way (i think) and I get nothing now. Do you know wear the stock amp is located?
loosingmymind 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

Look at the red and black plug and try to find (i think) the green wire. that should be your amp turn on. Test it first. Im a test, test, test (before hook-up) kind of guy. It need switched power, not ground. Also, the amp should be under the center console arm rest about mid-thigh and straight down. GOOD LUCK getting to it! It's covered in crap! I think in that vehicle that only the absolute rears are amped though.

You know, also, if you've got a blown speaker or a grounded one, the radio might be protecting it's self. One bad one could be shuting down all your highs. Unplug your harness and test each speaker for resistance on the car side of the plug. If one is bad, cut it out, and plug back in. See if that helps... 

David Fancher
USACi World Finals 2006
4th Place SQ PRO 601+
fiftymechanic 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
I got it.. The green wire wear the stock amp remote wire is needed 12 vold switched power. It works now. Thanks for all the help people!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic