the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 350hv and 1002

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ra0062 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Are the 350HV and the 1002 pretty much the same alarm, except for the 1002 having more range? Do they both churp if the vehicle is bumped, and have shock features? Viper.com descriptions of these alarms lack all the details.
I can get a 350HV installed for $285 at one shop, or the 1002 installed at another shop for $269
The shop selling the 350HV said that wiring that alarm with the factory alarm (that goes to sleep) theres an extra 45min added to the install.
The other shop selling the 1002 said they just disable the factory alarm.
Who should I believe, and what should I be paying for these alarms installed.
I just don't feel confident enough to install an alarm myself.
The truck is a 2000 F150
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

There is some extra labor required to wake up the GEM on those trucks so they are not BS-ing you..it is not difficult technically but requires some wiring under the dash area and those trucks SUCK to work on under the dash area so 45 min labor is resonable.

As far as the other shop...I guess it is up to you if you want the factory alarm disabled. Basically the factory alarm only arms if you either lock it with the factory remote...or lock the door manually before it is closed. There is one connection to disarm (not "disable") the factory alarm..and another if you so choose that can allow the aftermarket alarm to arm it....best option to me since an extra layer of security is always a good thing.

So it really is up to you..I would imagine both those alarms are very, very similar as far as features.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic