icon

viper 571xv problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cwagner17 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
I am upgrading from a valet 552t to a viper 571xv. When I plug everything in on the 571 the accessory and ignition come on and the status led stays solid and I cannot get the alarm to respond. I checked all my connections but I am confident they are correct as I just replaced a 552t.
Any ideas? and yes I know the wiring harness are slightly different and used the new ones.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
some of the wiring on the harnesses are different and the relay pack needs to be re wired to the new relay box
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
yea I used all the new harnesses and the new relay pack that came with it.
mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
you may be in valet mode and there is no alarm on the 571 it is keyless/ start
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, i dunno why I said alarm.....
I did a bench test with it and only having power and ground hooked up the brain seems to get very warm. When the relay pack is plugged in both accessory and ignitions are on. I think it might be defective.
mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
double check connections, it should not turn on acc and ignition when plugged in. also it should not get hot. its prob defective.
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

ok, I have determined that the brain was defective and I have aquired a 771xv brain as a replacement. Can I use this for just the remote start and not the alarm? Or will I have to hook it up correctly so everything works?

thanks

mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
you can but to program the door trigger needs to be grounded
cwagner17 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok that is what I thought... On a 03 Silverado can the door triggers be hooked up at the BCM? I don't feel like tearing the doors apart to get to each module.
mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
you need the
DOOR TRIGGER GRAY/BLACK (-) and BLACK/ WHITE (-) Use both, See NOTE *2   @ DOOR MODULE in each Front DOOR
NOTE *2 On BASE model vehicles the DOOR Triggers are at the BCM in a LIGHT BLUE Plug, the DRIVER DOOR is a GRAY/BLACK (-) Pin B4, the PASSENGER DOOR is a BLACK/ WHITE (-) Pin A5. On all other trucks these wires are in each DOOR MODULE in each door. On the 4-door the DRIVERS rear door is LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (-) Pin A3, the PASSENGERS rear door is a LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) Pin A2 in the PURPLE Plug. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM, you must DIODE ISOLATE these wires, See DAIGRAM
but if you are not using the alarm- just ground the wire during the programming so it thinks a door is opened so you can program the features and remotes.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic