icon

viper 5900, 05 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
NO, actually any key would still work.  Remember that when you remote start the car the factory immobilizer has been bypassed already.  Turning the key would not do anything.  As soon as the green light goes off on the dash then it has been bypassed.  It only reads the key at the beggining not during the run.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I would check wiring of that immobilizer bypass asap ... would definitely check wiring before considering a key to be bad.
The search function is your friend.
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Its not hard because all you have to do is take out the 4 screws on the 556U and thats it.  You dont really have to check the immobilzer because its only 3 wires your hooking up(power,ground, and ground when r/s) .  That would not damage the factory immobilizer because its not even connecting to it.  If it was a 556HW or data bypass then yes i would check the wiring.  Easiest thing to do is take out the key and try to turn on the car.  Im almost 100% sure its the key.
darklegacy540 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you all to helped me out with this. The bypass ended up being bad. For some reason, after going into remote start mode, 12 volts from the ignition wire would feed into the status output (-) so the car was seeing two keys. If I unplugged the 556U from the main harness, status output went to ground while in remote start mode and that was it.
Maybe it's time for a different brand bypass...
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

I see.  Well you can try Fortin bypasses.  The Honda SL2 or SL3 are great to use.

darklegacy540 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Where is the best place to buy one?
I see on the website that they're just a distributor and only sell to dealers...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic