icon

2007 dodge 2500 quad cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snopczynski 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

I need to get the factory stere out of the dash in my truck, its the newer interior like 2006 I think. Any pointers on getting that bugger out?

I also need to go to the rear speaker wires for high level inputs on my sub amp. Anyone know if the rear speakers are high pass filtered?

tophatjimmy 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
I think your dash just pulls off. I don't think it has the 2 hidden screws like the older (pre-05) ones had. Can't exactly remember off hand.
Does your truck have the Infinity sound system? If so, the only place you can tap for a sub amp is at the amp behind and above the glove box. You have to use the wires for the 6x9's in the doors because that's the only low pass in the whole system. Front dash tweets are HP, front doors are LP, rear doors are HP.
The amp has 2 plugs in it. The wires for the 6x9's are in the plug closest to you and are GREEN/ blue, GREEN/ YELLOW and grey/blue, grey / YELLOW IIRC.
FUN STUFF getting at that plug. There's like 1 inch of slack in the wiring.2007 dodge 2500 quad cab -- posted image.
Good luck!
snopczynski 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
its only got a 4 speaker system with one of those low end radios in the dash with the aux mp3 port in it. So with that in mind, do I still need to tap into the front door speakers, or can I go after the rear door speakers?
burns25 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

It should have the 2 screws above the cigarette lighters.  If I remember correctly there is one on each side of the dash.   If it has the center console, you have to take that all out and it's not the most fun thing in the world.  You can go to either set of speakers it doesn't really matter. 

snopczynski 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
how does the console come out? Is there any auxillary input plugs or rca plugs on the back of the radio?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.metraonline.com/_assets/manuals/INST99-6507.pdf
     Page 5 or 6 depending on your console
snopczynski 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Well its all hooked up and it only hits hard with some real heavy bass songs. I think tapping into the rear speakers may have been a mistake. I think I need to go after the fronts. Any input?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic