icon

door unlock instead of lock when starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eugenile 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
My friend and I recently installed an Inwells Alarm on a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Everything works great. I had thought this alarm just didn't have the feature where the doors would lock automatically when I'm about to start the car ,but I was hearing the locks/relay when I am about to start the car.
So I did a test, before I started the car, I manually locked the doors, then as soon as the key turned to start the ignition, it unlocked the doors.
Where did we go wrong? This was the first encounter with this car. I mean everything else works great. Doors unlock when I turn off the car, doors lock and unlock via the remote.
I'm just afraid we might mess up more things if we try to redo something, since thats the only problem. Thanks in advance!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

You manually locked the doors? what does this mean, you locked them WITHOUT the remote?

I believe you have a programming issue. If the lock work as they should with the transmitter.....the locks work. If they are doing a wild cycle while remote starting.....check the programming manual.

What model unit did you install?

eugenile 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I locked them first before I started the car.
Of course by natural lazy reaction, when we get in our cars we go and start the car right away. So at this point the car would still be unlocked. This is when I noticed I was hearing the locks/relay operate when I would start the car.
So I pressed the power locks inside to lock them BEFORE I started the car. Then when I went to start the car, it would unlock. BUT the alarm has this feature where if it notices the locks are unlocked within a few seconds, it will lock automatically. And only then will it lock again automatically.
But that is very weird since that works, as well as everything else, that it unlocks the doors when I go to start the car. It might be a programming issue as you mentioned. I dont have the box with me, I will check and get the model number and double check the programming.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you have a programming issue (agree w/ KarTuneMan) -- seems to me that the alarm brain is sensing "ignition III" position in the key cylinder and "unlocking" to disarm the factory alarm prior to start. 

Were there two pairs of wires for 1) lock/unlock and 2) arm/disarm .... from the alarm brain?  If so, and if you connected all four of these (arm/lock wires to the OEM lock wire and disarm/unlock wires to the OEM unlock wire) then you can simply disconnect the disarm wire from the OEM unlock wire and/or re-program the alarm brain to not unlock when the key is in the "III" position.

The search function is your friend.
eugenile 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
Actually there were 6 wires total coming from the locking harness from the alarm brain:
NO -- Orange
COM -- White
NC -- Yellow
No1 -- ORANGE / Black
COM -- WHITE/ Black
Nc1 -- Yellow Black
The eclipse has single pulse/negative trigger door locks, and the very vague manual says to wire it up like this:
Orange -- Cut
White -- Close Sign (Power Lock)
Yellow -- (- Negative)
ORANGE / Black -- Cut
WHITE/ Black -- Open Sign (Power Unlock)
Yellow/Black -- (- Negative)
-----
Above is what we followed, the "cut" we just left unconnected, the White -- Close Sign (Power Lock) is connected to the appropriate power lock wire in the car, as well as the WHITE/ Black -- Open Sign (Power Unlock).
I checked today and noticed the Yellow and Yellow/Black might be disconnected. (Wrapped in electric tape, but seemed to be not wired). Maybe this is the problem?
I couldnt find the exact, model number of the alarm, It has "3208" on the box, and "Machint Circuit Diagram - 586t12-3" on the diagram.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

NO -- Orange

COM -- White
NC -- Yellow
No1 -- ORANGE / Black
COM -- WHITE/ Black
Nc1 -- Yellow Black

You DO know what these connectors are .....rite? (pins on a relay) Your unit has built in, internally controlled relays. N.O. = pin 87 (should go to ground)

N.C.= 87a (not used) COM= pin 30 (to lock, and unlock on the car)

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

there in may lie your problem.  good luck

The search function is your friend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic