icon

My Truck, ’05 GMC Sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

My Truck, ’05 GMC Sierra - Page 2 -- posted image.

some red paint and red wire loom to spice it up

the dashboard with sirius stilletto and add on cd player crammed in there- i need to neaten it up with some glass when i have time-also a easily visible volt meter to keep an eye on things. 

"throw some d's on it!"   22" rennen 2 piece black w/polished lip and toyo proxes-it is a different truck!

just a close up

and, of course the new crimestopper two way paging alarm.  i downloaded a doorbell ringtone for when the alarm goes off (i have two pitbulls that go ballistic when they hear a doorbell-lol.  there will be no sleeping through a burglery!!!)

(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
I like the interior better than the exterior. P-lease get rid of those awful looking things on your front bumper!
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

some pics (not that great) of my old car-99 infinity qx4.  full front/back/side/side airbag setup (with dual tanks, dual compressors, fast valves, and full function remote control), 4 premier 12's, 4 aura bass shakers (for the ladies) under the seats, ppi pcx 2400, ppi pcx 4125, ppi pc 4800.2, 2 optima blue tops, 1 yellow top, h.o. alternator, all mb quart q series highs, avx 7300 dvd screen with 9000r brain, compustar spread spectrum remote start/alarm, too much other crap to list.  and, obviously, lit up inside and out with blue neons and leds.

-lit up at night

-tough to see, but all the airbag  setup and amps on 3/4 inch pvc pipe racks.  can you tell i am a pool man?

(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
brainchild 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Are you kiddin me, was that pvc pipe? How about the screw heads straight thru the front of the box. I agree you have a ton of money wrapped up in the truck, but you should of gotten help on the install.
roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2007 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
YES, PVC PIPE! that WAS the point!  I am a fairly successful pool man and always leave a few trademarks-intake also is pvc, and works mint.  to each his own.  as for the screwheads- this box has been reconfigured for three different types of subwoofer setups.  it is not my typical style.   but just wasn't completely happy with the sound i got, so i kept on trying different things.  very happy with the sound i have now.  check me next spring and it will probably be all glassed over...      i have plenty of help if i need it, it just means a lot more to me when i go to a show and can say that "i did all that".  for me- sound is first, then looks- and i am not, nor will ever, be all done.   
roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  

ok, switching it up a little- took out the pc4800.2 and the pcx 4125 and replaced them with 2 jl audio 300/4 amps.  i kept getting noise from the ppi's, and i am very happy with the change so far

BIG addition:  the rockford fosgate 3six

ty.2!!!  this thing is sick!   new, improved version of the symmetry.  ALL of the gains on all of my amps now rest at 0%!!! 

and the palm pilot that controls everything now:

some paint on the door trims:

and some on the dash- a little bright at first, but it is growing on me:

and i fiberglassed into the windshield pillars a series of bright blue leds that chase up and down,  i wanted to bring attention to the vehicle that it has a good alarm.  still debating on painting to match, but it blends right in with the primer.

vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
crash into a lot of other cars or something? take those poles off your bumper.  also get rid of the visor on the roof..   install is pretty interesting.. where do the passengers sit? bed?
roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
yep- the 'old man drunk driving poles' are hit or miss with everyone.  they are one of the few things that came on the truck.  they stick out like a sore thumb in the pictures, but blend in person.  i will probably take em off someday, but they drilled into the chrome bumper on the install and i will have to replace the bumper to fix it right :-(    i tried to shorten them, but they didn't use stainless bolts-they have to be cut, and will, again, ruin the chrome on the bumper.   someday when i have extra cash.  right now, i'm just working on finishing up the installs.  as for passengers- well, as this is my work truck, i only need room for my coworker, or my girlfriend.  i actually only bought the extended cab for the soul purpose of an crazy install.   i should be all done touch up work in a week or two, will post pics of the finished product
CapSS92 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  
Other than a few minor things it looks good.
roo-dog 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

hey- i've been away for a while, but finally have a minute to post some of changes to my truck.  i posted it before, but have never finished- keep changing my mind and time is precious, so i just do what i can, when i can.    i have rebuilt the stock alternator to 240 amps.  i added a second alternator, and then i had it rebuilt up to a 280 amp, that puts out about sixteen volts.  i have two separate electrical systems.  the truck has an optima yellow top, and the stereo and accessories have three blue top optimas, with a solar panel and controller to keep the batteries topped off when parked.  this wa my play truck, but has now become  a daily drive/work truck.  note the roof racks to hold my poles that dont fit in the cap.  truck is sittin on 22 inch black with polished rennan rims with toyo proxe tires.  slotted rotors and low dust hd brake pads help it stop.  dual 2 inch flowmaster exhaust with custom 3 inch intake, throttle body spacer, and hypertech programmer to make it move. in the cap, i have installed a dozen white led light clusters to see inside at night.   now, for the stereo;  4- boston acoustic g5 12" subs and 4-gtr 12" passive radiators  (hidden downfiring under box) boxis completely glassed over with five layers on the insides for added strength.  powered by an earthquake 42000bx amplifier:  the best part is that i have another identical amp sitting in my basement that i am just dying to get a chance to put in too, and pretty it up.  two jl 300/4 aps running: 3 pairs of mb quart q-series components, one pair of 6.5 inch mb quart coaxials, and 4-mb quart reference 8" midbass (in a completely fiberglass enclosure with 4 -6.5's).  splitting up the power where it needs to go are TWO- rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 crossovers.  also have a 15 farad alumapro cap.    head unit is a premier 980bt with a single disc pioneer changer below it.  sirius stiletto and pioneer direct xm so there is always something to listen to on a long drive.  two visor screens are connected to a rear view camera, and also hard wired with a plug for my ipod touch to watch movies.  and an extra aux jack in case my friend wants to hear something (loud-lol)off of  his zune.       i may have missed some stuff, but you get the picture.  pics didnt come out so hot, maybe i will update later if i have time. 

..i have to get matching wheels for the trailer, and paint it red. 

i do ALL my own work.  if its not perfect, whatever.  its plenty good enough to make me happy.  and this thing really pounds!   i gt to get it on  ameter and see what numbers it does.  whatever the case, my dashboard moves on the low notes, and every word is clear as a bell.  full 5.1 surround.   

guess thats all i can think of, thanks for looking.  im always open to ideas.  hopefully will have the other amp in soon and will post those pics too. 

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic