icon

center console sub for 2005 tundra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rukuzz 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a used center console for my double cab. I'm looking to hollow it out and put a sub facing the floor much like the JL Audio Stealth Box. Should I just fiber glass the console on the inside and build a floor lid? If I go that route I was thinking of cutting the top off and extending it up a bit more for added room. I'll be putting a JL 10W3V2-4.
Any suggestions are appreciated. This is my first fiber job.
Rukuzz 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Bump.....anyone have knowledge with this pickup???
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have any specific knowledge, and I am beginning to think that either the rest of the people here don't know or are afraid to say something.
If you could do me(us) a favor. Take pictures of your console and post them up here. Also, if you could please take some rough measurements (LxWxH) and post them up here too.
Lastly, I would like a picture of the inside of the cab where the console will be, again with measurements of the space between the seats as well.
If we have something more tangible, I'm sure someone (or myself) could come up with something for you (procedures, etc).
Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 06 DC, my suggestion would be to use the console as a mold, glass the inside of it with several layers make sure you use a mold release or wax the inside of the console.  When its finished pull the mold out and build onto it from there.....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic