icon

07 h3, alarm, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
b-roy 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, curious if anyone out there has done any of these and maybe experienced any problems. Here's the run down:

07 H3 came in for a starter/alarm combo. We installed a Compustar unit with an Idatalink security bypass to do the immobilizer, factory alarm and doorlocks. At the time of installation the unit worked great. Customer phoned me today and said he was showing his wife how to use the unit, they set the factory alarm off as well and now ALL the warning etc lights on the dash are on ie: 4x4, key, door etc. The vehicle does it when remote started and when started with the key. He contacted his dealership and their explanation was that the unit would have to be pulled out and they would have to reprogram the computer.

Anyone ever done one? Anyone have any experience with a similar problem? My tech did the install but customer is in today hopefully to let me have a look at it. If at all possible would prefer to keep system in and vehicle out of dealership. If you haven't had a similar problem, anything I could try to maybe kick things back to the way they were before the data module was put in?

On a side note, I have seen an Idatalink module do a weird thing to computer programming before. I had an 06 GMC sierra in the shop and after programming the data unit, the reverse alert ( beeping ) began coming on when the unit was unlocked. Solution in this case was to flash the ignition wire with disarm signal, through relay of course. Ignition was the only way to turn it off.

johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2007 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Never had a problem on any of the H3s i've done. But I don't use any module on those trucks. I just grab the locks in the kick and do the DEI doc 1603 (2 relays) bypass and they don't come back.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic