< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joeydada 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2007 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

ok i've narrowed down to 3 alarms

the ungo s670  - $300

viper 5000 - $370

or a compustar - $300 (all canadian prices frem futureshop)

Im kinda leaning toward the ungo since its dei (i know viper is to) and have heard not so good things from compustar

look forward to input..........................thnx

alarms are basic dual stage shock sensors with pagers

2006 xlt ford ranger
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2007 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
get the 5900 its sst 1 mile and the ungo is ask at 1000 feet or so. i dont know anything about compustar
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2007 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

The only bad things you could have possibly heard about compustar, is coming from the do it your selfers. (the wrong guys to take opinion from)

Compustar has gone thru some growing pains....but everytime you build a "new" model.....this happens. The compustar is ROCK solid.    ME....I am anti DEI.

Plus, WHO needs to have remote control of their vehicle from a mile away. Try and not let yourself be sold on that feature alone. If you are, compustar makes

the  SS models. MORE than a mile range (stated) Are  you doing the install, or are these prices for install labor as well?

Is this for your Ranger?   Auto trans, or manual?  The compustar has been designed for manual trans.....for a long time, it's flawless!

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
oh- its a viper 5000 not 5900-= so its just an alarm no remote start. I am a dei guy but thats my opinion it really matters to you.
joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 5:04 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

The only bad things you could have possibly heard about compustar, is coming from the do it your selfers. (the wrong guys to take opinion from)

Compustar has gone thru some growing pains....but everytime you build a "new" model.....this happens. The compustar is ROCK solid.    ME....I am anti DEI.

Plus, WHO needs to have remote control of their vehicle from a mile away. Try and not let yourself be sold on that feature alone. If you are, compustar makes

the  SS models. MORE than a mile range (stated) Are  you doing the install, or are these prices for install labor as well?

Is this for your Ranger?   Auto trans, or manual?  The compustar has been designed for manual trans.....for a long time, it's flawless!

2006 xlt ford ranger
joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 5:04 AM / IP Logged  

auto trans

2006 xlt ford ranger
accessdenied 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
My opinion on any alarm system vary for each model but basically the features that included is what would sell to me. Although one would have to know the details of how a feature/function works.
Any alarm covers the basics - doors, trunk, hood, starter cutoff, and decent frequency range. Some basic models even include a shock sensor of some type.
In higher level models, you'll find remote start, additional functional channels, power lock features, 2 way communication, fancy LCD or OLCD type transceiver, farther range, temp monitor, knock sensor and multitudes of other bells and whistles.
Picking an alarm system would be the same for any consumer electronics.
Find out what you like the system to do and features you like to have included. Start researching what brands out there can come close or have all the things you need. You'd be surprise how many unknown manufacturers out there makes similar products that cost less then the well known brands but this up to the individual on how reliable this is.
I see it all the time, people buy the latest and greatest system but never use half what the system can offer because they're focus on 1 function or feature that was showed to them and was never explained the rest.
This is why it's important for the consumer to be "in the know" to get what they paid for.
But getting back to your 3 choices...
What do all 3 have in common as far as feature, functions or accessories?
For each one, list all the extras stuff the other don't have.
Now decide if those extras are things you need.
Your prices are relatively the same but then again Viper is over rated as brand anyway so choose well...
Sorry for the novel write up..
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I would go for a compustar or a ultrastart.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
wow, access i'm not even going to atempt to read the book you wrote. haha but check it. I would go with compustar because its dope. They've been in the game for a mintue and constantly growing around the installers. Compustar is on the uprise and still going up. so whats hot. Compustar is.. word. What not. not even going into that. but i have my own opinions. I mean you sport nikes? Why because they look good and confort right? Same with CS have range plus looks. doodie. My remote is part of my accessories. peace
"dont ground out!"
joeydada 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone say rate the ability of the false alarm technology that  the ungo 6000 has advertised? Is it far better for false alarms in comparison to say the viper or compustar

2006 xlt ford ranger
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic