opinions on the better alarm of the 3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
joeydada wrote:

Can anyone say rate the ability of the false alarm technology that  the ungo 6000 has advertised? Is it far better for false alarms in comparison to say the viper or compustar

false alarm technology? basically saying that it doesn't false? The most common false alarm is shock sensor. Why because people set it too high or they mount the sensor in the wrong place.
"dont ground out!"
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Definately agree with dswift on that, a properly installed alarm should never false, or very rarely false. I have an Audiovox pro9775 ( soon to be compustar) and the thing has never falsed on me once. (if it goes off ,i'm out the door.)
wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Compustar by far. I have installed all three over the years and I too am anti DEI and always had a lot of problems with Ungo. Compustar is a great company with great product and THEY BACK THEIR PRODUCT. Also check out the Autopage RS-1000 OLED, the range is unbeleivable and the remote has Full color (O.L.E.D. Organic Light Emitting Diode) with over 100 icons and animation screens. I have installed Autopage for 5 years now and have had (1) problem/defective unit!
jose23 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2007 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

It depends. Are you going to be installing it yourself? Planning to add any accessories later (eg. window module, sensors, etc.)?  If so, I'd go with a DEI product for sure. Their installation manuals are very detailed and their add-on accessories are readily available almost everywhere -pretty cheap, too. Also, if you ARE going to be doing the install yourself, keep in mind that no matter which alarm you go with, you won't have any kind of warranty...which is another reason to go with a dei product. If anything should ever fail with the alarm, replacement components are frequently found on eBay at very good prices. Also, there are more installers using dei products so there will likely be better support on the forums should you run into problems (later) and need some advice. That's my two cents.

-Jose

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic