icon

momentary 3 position push/pull switch?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paradice1130 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, got a tricky thing im trying to do, and I dont have full knwolege of using mulitple relays etc. I got a laim ass drawing below to give you some sorta idea, and ill try to make as much sense as possible.

Okay, basically what Im trying to do, is I have 3 pneumatic valves. 2 of them are controlling a cylinder, the 3rd is just a valve mounted to a tank. Now, I want to use a Push / Pull switch to operate all 3 valves, but also have a normal toggle switch to operate the tank mounted valve aswell. I also want to have the valves momentary. In the diagram below, the 1 valve in the top right is the exhuast valve on the tank, and the bottom 2 that are attached are the cylinder controlling valves.

So Lets start with the Push / Pull switch in the on position. I want it to put 1/2 a second to the intake valve to the cylinder, and at the same time, 1/2 a second to the exhaust valve on the tank. But want it, so that the switch can stay in the on position for as long as it needs to, but having it only giving it that 1/2 second of power once its pulled and thats it.

Then, for the Push / Pull switch in the off position, I want it to put 1/2 second of power to the exhaust valve going to the cylinder and thats it. And same thing as in the on position, only puts the power to the device the one time only.

Then, my toggle switch, I want to be able to control the tank mounted exhaust valve on constant in the on position, without interfering with any relays etc.momentary 3 position push/pull switch? -- posted image.

paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
Also wanted to let u guys know, the valve solenoids are 12V and 15 amps.
spyderbyte 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so when you pull out the switch, it allows air to flow from the tank to the cylinder for 1/2 second, then everything stops.
When you push the switch back in (regardless of how much time has passed), the cylinder exhaust opens for half a second.
And finally, you want a separate switch that allows air to flow out of the tank for as long as the switch is on. (Where's the air going to go?)
If someone helps me with how to get pulsed output from constant input, I can help with the relay wiring.
Spyderbyte
spyderbyte 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
All I'm missing is how to get a half second pulse, otherwise the following schematic should do what you're looking for.
momentary 3 position push/pull switch? -- posted image.
Spyderbyte
paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Yes thats all pretty much right. When the pull switch is pulled out, I want it to operate the intake valve, and the tank exhaust valve both for 1/2 second. The intake valve is going to a cylinder, and the exhaust valve on the tank, is operating as a drain valve. But want it, so when the intake valve is engaged, you hear the exhuast from the tank drain for effect.

Then, when the switch, is turned off, pushed in, it engages the exhaust valve from the clynder for 1/2 second.

Also, wanted to know, do I need a special push / pull style switch, or will any switch work?

paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Than ks for the help Spyderbyte, I really apreciate it. I was lookin around on the site, and found this topin on Constant to Momentary Output. Not sure if its the same kinda configuration I need. I copied & pasted it below. But is this similar?

The capacitor allows the coil of the relay to be energized until the capacitor stores a charge, thus de-energizing the coil. The resistor bleeds off the charge of the capacitor when positive voltage is removed from the other side of the coil. You can increase the output time by simply changing the value of the capacitor. This one will give you about a 1/2 second output.

paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone else got any ideas? Im ready to put it all together the way spyderbyte showed me, but unsure of how to make it timed ona  1/2 second pulse still. Anybody?
paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone, does anyone know if someone makes a Momentary 3 Position Push/Pull Switch. But one that is self centered, and when pushed in is on, and also when pulled out is on? Not Pushed in is off, and then you pull out in 2 seqences for on? Thanks.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
If your push/pull switch is a single pole double throw switch you should be able to use it to drive two of those constant-to-momentary relay setups for your 1/2 second pulses.
I normally would use solid state devices for time delay switching of the relays, but since the delay time is relatively short, you can get away with driving them directly. There'll be a constant 1.3mA draw by the 10k resistor but I assume that wouldn't be a problem for this.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  

I know you can get toggle switches like that:

http://www.wiringproducts.com/en-us/p_1000.html

I've never seen push/pull switches like that, but have where one way is momentary, the other way is a locked postion (marine switches)...

·Ï¢årµ§·
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic