icon

momentary 3 position push/pull switch?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Could you use something like this or does it have to be a push/pull kind of item?
If you get something that has an off position, you can leave it in the middle so there's no draw at all when it's off.
momentary 3 position push/pull switch? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
SPDT toggle
paradice1130 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thats another thing I was thinking. If I could find a push pull switch, that is off in the center, but has power in the pushed in, and pulled out position, but self centers itself, then I could skip the need for all the realys & timed outputs, etc... I would just do it manually with the switch.
paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Well, no luck finding a pusl pull switch like that. I guess no one has any idea how to make this setup work. I guess its impossible, thanks guys.
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hardly anything is impossible, problem here is that you're looking for a particular kind of switch that no one really knows anything about.
Do you already have the switch in your hand and are you able to describe exactly what it does? Is it a SPST switch with Push = constant on and Pull = constant off? Not sure what you're starting with here, if you just have to have a switch that looks a certain way, you're probably the only one that can find it, since no one else could know.
It can be easily done if you wanted to get into using solid state devices for the controls, but if you're looking for a simple relay kind of solution as I think you are, you're right that it's probably impossible.
paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the switch is SPST, except its the other way around, Pull = constant on, Push = constant off. I dont care what method I havce to use, relays, etc.. As long as I can control the devices I want to, with a push / pull style operation.
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a test to see how much you want to use a SPST switch- momentary 3 position push/pull switch? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. momentary 3 position push/pull switch? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
If you really want to go through the trouble, it should do what you wanted-
Full size
momentary 3 position push/pull switch? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

Either or I have to do something to get it to work. I appreciate your help, and I would try it. Although, I dont understand what 1/2 of those symbols are, haha, sorry. As I said in the 1st post, I dont know 2 much about electronics, just the basics, and yea, ill tell u right now, other then ground & power, I dont know what any other symbol is on there. Any way you could make that a bit simpler?

You also mentioned that there was another way to do it without relays? Is that way alot harder, or more $?

Thanks for the help.

dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
I meant there probably isn't a way to do it just using relays, since you don't want to use a switch that has two output positions. If you were willing to use a different switch, then it becomes easier- just a matter of finding a switch that looks the way you want. I'm sure someone out there makes one like that, trouble is finding it-
paradice1130 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
yea I know exactly what you mean. If I could find a self centering push pull switch. Which is off in the center, output 1 pushed in, and output 2 puled out, thats exactly what I want. I emeailed a few manfactures & distrbutors, no ones got one. I dont know where to look.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic